Posted: Mar 25th 2009 9:02PM Tanek said

"Speaking of flying through the levels, Turbine is also promising that "recent game enhancements" will allow players to immediately gain multiple levels upon receiving any experience."

While I understand that you are trying to make an impact, I believe this to be just a little misleading.

The change that relates to the *possibility* of gaining multiple levels was to the amount of xp needed per level. So, if you have a character you have not played since before the Book 7 patch, when you first log in now you will likely see a notification icon saying that your level will be corrected upon your first xp gain.

At the point you gain any xp, your level catches up to the new xp curve and, in effect, you can potentially "gain" multiple levels at once.

This correction will just happen once on your character (unless and until Turbine adjusts xp again).

Posted: Mar 25th 2009 9:14PM (Unverified) said

Well this settles it! Time to fire up the old LotRO account again. I love these Welcome Back Weekends. Great way to check out the changes without potentially wasting 15 dollars.

Posted: Mar 25th 2009 10:19PM Boruk said

Yep, time to head back to Middle Earth. Loved the game but all the raves of "Wrath" led me astray..Home is where the Hobbit is.

Posted: Mar 26th 2009 12:00AM karnisov said

• 1 heart
meh. i don't think the bonus exp is enough to draw me back. gameplay is seriously 2d in scope.

Posted: Mar 26th 2009 2:28AM Valentina said

nice changes to the game, everyone should take advantage of this opportunity.

Posted: Mar 26th 2009 4:15AM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

OMG "Coming in pints" with that lead picture. Hmmm, well today I completed the Inn League Initiation and I really need to say that I have never seen something so apt.

I was seriously so virtually drunk it wasn't funny.

Happy Spring Festival!!!!!!

Posted: Mar 26th 2009 4:42AM (Unverified) said

Well that's all great for you lucky American (I'd guess) players who actually got book 7. The european servers are currently without and will remain that way for some weeks yet. I've seen the date early April floating about but who knows..

When are these companies going to stop handing over their precious investments and IP to Euro companies that just screw it up and just blatanly can't be arsed. I'm not just talking about the Warhammer euro launch/joke as there have been plenty of others over the years. We really just can't do this stuff. Think of it as a cultural quirk if you want to be nice about it.

Still that's only a flame of a company and not of the game itself, which is pretty dam amazing if you rate atmosphere as important in a game.

Posted: Mar 26th 2009 8:51AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Be glad you havn't gotten book 7 yet. It was so terrible I quit... and I've been accused of being a rabid fanboy for the past year.

Posted: Mar 26th 2009 5:15AM (Unverified) said

Anybody who left LOTRO should really come back and give it a go, as it's the best MMO out there right now, IMO.

Posted: Mar 26th 2009 9:21AM (Unverified) said

They changed the experience curve to be a little less steep from 1-50. Most characters will gain one or two levels from the change.

And yes, I love this game. Seems like the more I play it, the more content I discover. Higher level areas are amazing.

Posted: Mar 26th 2009 12:27PM (Unverified) said

Anyone else having issues logging in with there old account in LOTRO?

Posted: Mar 26th 2009 12:34PM Ripper McGee said

Yup - I can't log in. When I attempt do so, it says my account is expired and my only option is to reactivate it. I've seen posts on the official boards complaining of the same problem, but I don't know how they're posting, since I can't without having an active account (per the message that pops up). I've also seen complaints of not being able to login on MMORPG.com

It's kind of irritating after having patched up all day yesterday. If there's a specific time it's supposed to start, it would be nice to know it...

~Ripper

Posted: Mar 26th 2009 12:37PM (Unverified) said

Good to know that its not just me. I'm a bit frustrated since I can't post on the official forums and can't call account management since they aren't online till after 4pm. I'd complain more but this is a free weekend after all. Guess I'll play some WAR till they get this sorted out.

Posted: Mar 26th 2009 6:25PM (Unverified) said

It's a known issue by Turbine. A fix is in the works. Check back in a couple hours or tomorrow.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014