Posted: Mar 24th 2009 6:03PM AlamoeJones said

yeah, they love it because it makes them the most money. jerks.

Posted: Mar 24th 2009 6:11PM CCon99 said

Yeah real smart. In a time when everyone is afraid of losing their job and cautiously watching every cent they spend, I'm sure Daddy is going to have no problem buying little Timmy a virtual sword for their video game character for $4.99 each.

Posted: Mar 24th 2009 6:34PM wjowski said

Once SOE and EA are done using and abusing the microtransaction like a cheap hooker no respectable MMO company's going to want deal with it for quite some time.

Posted: Mar 24th 2009 6:36PM hami83 said

lol Try again.

And it's revering to the gaming industry, not just MMOs. This survey probably bunched up downloadable contents (Such as Wiiware and Xbox Live) as microtransaction, which is gaining a huge amount of popularity.

Posted: Mar 25th 2009 12:01AM Lateris said

I agree.

Posted: Mar 25th 2009 1:14AM (Unverified) said

I for one don't touch games that work on microtransactions. I was interested in Vanguard till they announced it was starting with micro transactions, just crossed it off my list.

There are a lot of MMOs out there to choose from. The ones that advocate micro-transactions help me narrow down my list of stuff I'll actually try by taking them off it.

Free to play is definitely NOT.

Posted: Mar 25th 2009 6:25AM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

I played a micro-transaction MMORPG for a little and found it was extremely unbalanced, the people who could spend, or those with no control who spent too much had equipment and more-so buffs that put them in another league.

The game was not fair for those who decided (or couldn't) spend real world bucks to match the buffs.

I think I agree, if the game I was now playing brought in buyable items that altered stats then I would leave for another game.

Posted: Mar 25th 2009 9:15AM Temploiter said

So, the two biggest innovations this year are how to bill you for your crack and how to deliver your crack? RMT and Smartphones...

How about making the games more fun?

This industry needs some new ideas and fresh air.

Posted: Apr 1st 2009 5:11AM (Unverified) said

@Temploiter - so by new ideas and fresh air you mean more elves and subscriptions?