Posted: Mar 21st 2009 12:45PM (Unverified) said

I am surprised Mortal Online didnt make this list.

Posted: Mar 21st 2009 1:03PM (Unverified) said

No offense, but this was a pretty bad list. There aren't even any details about the star wars pvp. Mortal Online I could understand not being on the list as it's still early in development, but it has far more info than SW:TOR, and is far more focused on PvP than both that and DCU. Also, putting ANY of these games above Earthrise in terms of PvP is just stupid, and so is leaving out Fallen Earth entirely.

Posted: Mar 21st 2009 1:19PM Tipa said

Spellborn PvP is also HEAVILY peopled, so far, with people from WAR and AoC who are looking to play on Spellborn for their fix until the next big thing -- and Mortal Online is the game on everyone's lips.

But I guess you had to limit yourself to five... but I'm not hearing all that much buzz about The Agency or APB. Especially (sadly) The Agency. The only place I ever see anyone mention that game is here on Massively....

Posted: Mar 21st 2009 2:13PM (Unverified) said

Things have been quiet on The Agency's front, but I'm hopeful we'll see some serious progress this year.

As for APB, I wouldn't be surprised to see some updates at GDC09.

As for Spellborn and Mortal, call my very unconvinced. I'll be honest, the traditional fantasy stuff is a non-starter for me. I spent my time with Dark Age of Camelot, Asheron's Call, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online and most recently with Warhammer Online.

Really, the only fantasy games peaking my curiosity are the Asian developed titles such as Aion or the FFXI team's next MMO.

But that's just me and my opinion. :)

Posted: Mar 21st 2009 3:01PM (Unverified) said

Yeah, not having Fallen Earth I think is a big miss on this. Sure its not one everyone's radar, but at least its a PVP game and not just a PVE with PVP qualities(I'm looking at you SWOR).

Posted: Mar 21st 2009 3:06PM (Unverified) said

I take it you're speaking about The Old Republic? I'm not sure how you can call it anything yet, as we don't really know any finite details about the game. I'm all for guessing and wondering, but only BioWare knows where that MMO is ultimately headed. At least, I like to think they know.

Posted: Mar 21st 2009 3:18PM (Unverified) said

How can you say fallen earth is a pvp game, when they've already stated that only 30% of the game content will be geared towards pvp?!

Earthrise is the pvp game everyone should be excited about...

Posted: Mar 21st 2009 3:24PM Nadril said

No earthrise or Mortal online? The only real game on this list I'm looking forward to is Jumpgate:Evolution.

Posted: Mar 21st 2009 10:13PM (Unverified) said

Realistically, there's too many semi-PVP or full-PVP MMOs in development to list them all in an article like this one.

-all 5 listed up top
-Global Agenda
-Mortal Online
-Earthrise
-Fallen Earth
-Spellborn
-Huxley

...and whatever else I've missed, or is currently under wraps.

Posted: Mar 24th 2009 8:40AM (Unverified) said

> -Huxley

Talk about games that have fallen off the planet. I don't think the western world is going to see this one surface. Webzen went back into redesign mode. That's not a good sign.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014