Posted: Mar 19th 2009 12:39PM (Unverified) said

This is the best looking game since AOC. I has seamless gameplay due to the Unreal engine (the one that gears of war / unreal tournament uses)

I am excited bout this game, I will be preordering it asap when its released, this game looks amazing...

Here is the direct download link for the HD 720p trailer:

Posted: Mar 19th 2009 1:15PM (Unverified) said

This is one of the few upcoming mmo's that have managed to grab my attention.

Very excited about this one....

Posted: Mar 19th 2009 1:45PM Wensbane said

That's quite impressive.

Posted: Mar 19th 2009 2:56PM cephalexin said

Is that a water buffalo... down by the river?

Posted: Mar 19th 2009 3:35PM (Unverified) said

No, silly, that's a van... down... by... the river...

Tee hee.

Posted: Mar 19th 2009 3:52PM Nadril said

I'm very excited about this game. I'm also glad they decided to go with the Unreal engine, it really is an incredibly optimized engine that will do wonders for an MMORPG.

Posted: Mar 19th 2009 6:28PM (Unverified) said

wow unreal engine....... i really want to see a non instance battle with 100 or more ppl around with mounts too thats not a slide show then i ll believe that unreal engine works for mmorpgs. As for the pretty scenery well AOC was a marvel to everyone's eyes but then ppl started to play .......need to say more?

Posted: Mar 19th 2009 8:50PM (Unverified) said

Having worked with the Unreal Engine (on a project that was canned, for a company that went bankrupt), I don't have high hopes for it working in something as open-ended as an MMO. Especially one that aspires to huge battles.

I really found it better suited to single-player or non-massively-multiplayer games, where the designer can keep a lid on how many actors were active at a time.

But, to be fair, that was a few years ago, an earlier version of the engine.. maybe they've made some advances.

Posted: Mar 19th 2009 11:55PM ultimateq said

I believe Vanguard uses the unreal 3 engine. Though that's a bad example :). The game, while fun, is still kind of clunky.

Posted: Mar 19th 2009 10:14PM wufiavelli said

Did not seem to work extremely well with vanguard. Alot of people seemed to say it worked well with spellborn. That was 2.5 this is unreal 3 so might be a difference. Also seamless world should be interesting.

This game has alot of interesting features and is not a copy of darkfall. Where darkfall is all about city sieges and massive massive battles this game does shoot lower small scale conflict.

It does want sieging, but they are up in the air with player cities or not. I think instead they wish to have a city control system tied to non destructable player housing mixed with destructable forts.

They are also implementing a UO faction like system and an interesting religious system that corresponds with PvP.

Posted: Mar 20th 2009 11:23AM (Unverified) said

"Mortal Online is the new PvP MMO that everyone's squeeing about -- one that's set up to attempt to out Darkfall, well, Darkfall."

That won't be hard...