Posted: Mar 17th 2009 3:35PM Cendres said

That looks pretty bad, I hope this won't be another, hmm what was their name again? The guys who were making Gods and Heroes and Star Trek originally?

lol I guess that speaks for itself that I can't recall their name. This would stink for Cheyene if they had to pull the plug on this project, hope they sell it if they do I'd love to see it come out in one form or another.

Posted: Mar 17th 2009 6:09PM (Unverified) said

Perpetual Entertainment now known as P2.

Posted: Mar 17th 2009 3:58PM (Unverified) said

I had high hopes for this game, if for nothing else its IP. But all the news seems to be pointing towards them going under, or worse yet releasing way before it is ready just to get some cash flow.

Ok Star Trek Online, you better be good we are running out of PvE SciFi MMOs!

Posted: Mar 17th 2009 4:10PM (Unverified) said

I really did hope this game would come ( not saying the possibility isnt there) I loved the show and thought the lore would be amazing and as slacker said above me "
Ok Star Trek Online, you better be good we are running out of PvE SciFi MMOs!"

Posted: Mar 17th 2009 4:31PM (Unverified) said

This is some very sad news. I really hope things can turn around for them. I am very fond of the IP, and saddened at the same time that the studios who owns rights to said IP, don't put more money into it.

Do they not want their investment to fail, or do they?

This can turn out to be something special with a huge fan base to back it, yet the owners of the IP dont seem to care.

Too bad they cant get help just like those pathetic insurance companies (i.e. AIG, and some Banks).

Posted: Mar 17th 2009 6:11PM (Unverified) said

All I can say is that I hope the game is sold or canceled. I am a huge SG fan, and after some of the experiences I've had with the game, it is not worthy of the SG franchise.

Posted: Mar 17th 2009 8:15PM (Unverified) said

Sounds like the curse of Stargate has struck another company, it certainly sunk Perception and their "Stargate SG-1: The Alliance" project

Posted: Mar 17th 2009 9:14PM (Unverified) said

there doesn't seem to have been much support from MGM during the entire process, so that's not really the issue

IMO it's a bigger problem than it appears. As my understanding puts it, the publisher FireSky was built entirely around the SGW project at the start. As they're really one and the same company, there's no chance of a publisher bailout - and the same thing could happen to FireSky as a whole.

Posted: Mar 17th 2009 10:03PM TheJackman said

Cheyenne Mountain why why why!! With crap like WAR out there we really needed stargate worlds!

Posted: Mar 18th 2009 11:14AM Evy said

This does not bode well. I wish them luck.