We, the Massively writing staff, are very glad not to be lost in space, unknown or otherwise. But apparently being un-lost is not the standard state of affairs for just everyone....
- Brendan Drain: EVE Online: I've been getting my corp ready for wormholes, getting a fleet assembled and discussing tactics for engaging sleepers. We lost our chance to enter a really good wormhole system we found because one of the Russian alliances got there first, unfortunately. This weekend will be spent scanning down wormholes in the hopes of finding that perfect system for us to settle in and trying to rescue our corpmate ToG who is currently lost in unknown space and having trouble finding an exit.
- Colin Brennan: Oh man... you lost a guy in unknown space? That sucks... yet at the same time it sounds so sweet to say! "We've lost a man... but by the gods I will get him back!" *charge*
The rest of the team may have less dramatic stories to tell, but for more on what they're doing this weekend -- and to let us in on what you're playing this weekend
-- read onward!
- Brooke Pilley: Playing some WAR, dreaming of Darkfall. It's taking the restraint of a hobbit to not spam refresh the order page but years of cruddy MMO launches are steadying my hand. I'll give it another month or so.
- Colin Brennan: Final Fantasy XI. I have an airship pass to obtain! Finally!
- Dan O'Halloran: I'm digging into the second half of the quests available in Evendim on my 38 Lore-master in LotRO and hitting my crafting dailies in WoW.
- James Egan: I'm going to spend some time in EVE scanning down wormholes and hopefully surviving what I encounter on the other side, delving into the new exploration content in general. Plus I've got an inventory of faction cruisers to contract off. Seeing zombie blastication in my future as well.
- Joe Blancato: Likely rocking some EVE, trying to keep the BoB hordes at bay. And I still owe BioShock a play-through. I've also got a Civ IV campaign that's only about a third of the way done. Frankly, Tyrone, I'm swamped.
- Krystalle Voecks: Runes of Magic. Probably toss in some LotRO too, if I can convince my other half to jump ship for a little while and come run with me.
- Kyle Horner: I'll be working on my Choppa in WAR, and playing through Resident Evil 5 with a few friends via co-op.
- Lemuel Pew: I know, I know, it's not an MMO. But I have an old-school LAN party planned to play Team Fortress 2 with a house full of buddies, and games don't get more social than that. Please, don't touch my keyboard after going to town on the cheese puffs. Aside from that, Warhammer Online is beckoning me to come back, and I'm willing to give them a second chance. Time to reinstall the WAAAGH.
- Mark "Turpster" Turpin: I am going to try to level all the way from 1 to 80 in WoW in one weekend without leveling a single point in fishing, I've had to re-roll once already since I was hanging about in Stormwind and accidentally caught a fish... still, I think it's doable, time will tell. [Editor's note: Yes, sometimes we worry about Turpster, too.]
- Tateru Nino: Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online for me, RL stuff permitting. Some CoH too, if I can spare the time.
So, dear readers, where are you off having epic adventures this weekend?