Posted: Mar 14th 2009 1:30PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Sucks for those of us that have already canceled and are not returning... Why didn't they fix this earlier? Why wasn't the game completed when it first came out... why are we still waiting for what was suppose to come out with the game 6 months ago?

I will not be returning to this game as I am waiting for AION, Fallen Earth, SW:TOR, Star Trek Online, etc...

Mythic, you drove the people away by not rushing out the new content faster, making us wait 6 months for what was suppose to come out with the game on the 1st day is a total failure... :-\

Posted: Mar 16th 2009 3:40AM Mr Tastix said

Whilst I do like WAR so far, I agree with this statement. There were meant to be 24 classes in total, all for the 6 individual races. On release, only 20 of these were actually put in the game because of "lore" issues.

That to me is major slack, and it comes as no surprise when EA is involved. I do not blame Games Workshop an Mythic Entertainment but rather, EA. Because EA have a notorious reputation for very tight and very short deadlines.

EA like to pin the pressure on their developers, which is not only extremely idiotic but also unfair because when push comes to shove, developers end up rushing over stuff so they can get it out of the way and onto more important things. Overall, this makes the game really crappy and you can tell when something is a rush job.

EA have stated they learnt from their mistakes, but they haven't. And I doubt they ever will. I know I sound very close-minded but I am stating this from having seen their past and from my own personal experiences with them, their supposed customer "support" and their games.

Posted: Mar 14th 2009 3:07PM Pingles said

Actually, you can level Talisman just fine with only Scavenging.

Not sure if the same is true for Salvaging.

My toon is Scavenging/Talisman and has both at 100+ having bought no materials.

To create the Talisman you just need the Fragment and you level up just fine without the other components.

In fact, you can sell high-power Dust and Curios for a lot of Gold while leveling Talisman.

Posted: Mar 14th 2009 7:22PM (Unverified) said

Pingles, I tried Salvaging/Talisman on a trial account, and it was fine to start with - Salvaging provided me with fragments and gold dust and essence, and I bought the curio from a vendor.

But what happens when you get beyond the lowest levels? Do later vendors sell better curios? Do you have to buy from the auction house curios that Scavenger players are selling? Or can you make (weaker?) talismans using low-level vendor curios?

Posted: Mar 14th 2009 7:32PM Pingles said

Scavenging also gives Curios, just not the fourth ingredient (Magic Essence?).

So your Talisman will never be full strength but I still regularly make permanent Talismans.

So if you are looking to make the strongest Talismans in the game you will be buying the Magic components.

But if you are just (like me) skilling up as you level then you need not buy anything to skill up and, in fact, can make some good Gold selling the Purple and Blue components you Scavenge as you skill up on just Fragments.