Posted: Mar 10th 2009 12:35PM Nadril said

It's certainly a damn good start, finally. One of the major reasons why I left the game (aside from the lag and other issues) is that there was just no one to fight, even on a fairly populated server (Ungrim).

Posted: Mar 11th 2009 3:41PM drunkenpandaren said

Jesus fucking christ yes. I have scen pops now.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 1:03PM zkey14 said

Dang, just how many servers did this game launch with?

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 1:10PM (Unverified) said

Is it really a "server merge" though? Those servers have already had all the active players transferred out to other locations.

It's more of a "data transfer" to put inactive characters into a new location so they can shut down unused hardware.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 2:03PM (Unverified) said

There are actually still people on some of the old source servers. My 12 year old kid plays on one and there are people there playing and complaining that nobody is around.

Once they merge, you won't see a large increase in population on the target servers, but there will be a good few people moving over.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 1:37PM (Unverified) said

WOW. I applaud them. Finally, a good decision.

get rid of scenarios, and I might come back.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 2:03PM (Unverified) said

I remember the early days when all there was to do, it seemed, was grind scenarios. Now, though, they're more part of a bigger balance of things to do. I think it's more to do with people in oRvR than any content they've added, but it has greatly improved.

Stating that scenarios should be removed is a bit silly. They are, like anything else, great fun in proper moderation. Boring as hell, though, if that's all you do.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 2:17PM (Unverified) said

Too little too late. Thank Mark Jacobs for a) caving to player demand and releasing a butt ton of servers at go live, and b) being stubborn and refusing to merge servers when it would have made a difference. You feel that sting, big boy, huh? That's pride ****** with you! You gotta fight through that ****!

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 2:30PM GreenArmadillo said

Wow, I knew there were dead servers, but I didn't realize that there were only 15 viable ones out of 56. (Note that Ungrim is listed as both a source and a destination in the list, presumably that's a typo, leaving 14 destinations plus the one that won't be getting transfers.)

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 2:35PM (Unverified) said

Wow nerd rage...

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 4:02PM venekor said

They made far too many servers :\ I resubbed to the game for the EU version last week and all but 2 servers were Low and noone was about on the server with all my chars on but when it launched they were heavy.

Like Frigging merge the servers down to like 4 lol.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 4:45PM (Unverified) said

Great news! There should have been less servers at launch. But I am glad they are fixing the problem. Keep up the good work Mythic.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 5:15PM MrDiamondJ said

FINALLY. I'm on Badlands, arguably the best server in the game, but I transferred there from the ghost town called Bretonnia so I really feel for players on empty servers. If you're on a server with a lot of people, WAR is loads of fun because you can hop into a group at any time and bash skulls in PvP, or find people for quests, or just solo for a while.

But if you're on an empty server the game is useless because the soloing (and crafting) gets old, and it isn't as deep or well-executed as, say, LOTRO. Most PQs (even after the 1.2 patch) still require groups of at least three people to complete in a reasonable amount of time, and scenario pops are based on having enough people in-world at one time to start one. If there's nobody around, you simply won't have anything to do but grind by yourself.

That said, I look at this as great news. It'll be a big improvement for a lot of people that have stuck around, and for those of us on the few good servers we'll have an influx of people. Win-win for the players...not so much for Mythic though.

Posted: Mar 11th 2009 10:12AM (Unverified) said

This was one of the main reasons I quit WAR. By the end of the first month, my med/med server was dead even during prime time.

Now all they have to do is re-make the some of the character models(high elves and empire, I'm looking at you), and I'll re-subscribe :)

Posted: Mar 11th 2009 2:54PM ttvp said

Huh, my characters are on Phoenix Throne, and I only chose that because that's where my friend started. I had no idea it was regarded as the best server.