Posted: Mar 10th 2009 1:29PM archipelagos said

I'm trying to remain pretty level-headed about this but a horror MMO would be most welcome indeed.

I hope they manage to pull something special out of the hat for this as I truly believe that MMO's should cover a wide range of genre, not the narrow range that we have currently.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 1:32PM CCon99 said

I've been interested in the idea of a horror MMORPG for some time. Sadly I can't get excited about this title since Funcom is involved with it.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 3:40PM (Unverified) said

Granted Funcom did suck bad on AoC (was dupped into buying it as well) Ragnar Tornquist is the lead game designer on this and his work speaks for itself imo. Past games he was lead on that comes to mind is The Longest Journey, and the sequel Dreamfall, two of which i have to say have the most depth to a story of any game to date. I just recently learned about this MMO recently and have to say im pretty interested in it.

Posted: Mar 11th 2009 12:42AM blix2006 said

maybe they should fix the mmo they suckered everyone into buying last year before making a new one?????(shrug)

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 3:12PM deadlock said

I am looking forward to this.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 3:19PM Evy said

I am really looking forward to this. Unfortunately I share other posters' concerns over Funcom's involvement. Burn me once...

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 3:42PM Cendres said

Very enthused about this one, I am hoping this will be more PvE oriented and huge on lore and story as that's what Funcom does best.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 3:49PM Crsh said

Good luck to them, I think they will need it.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 7:24PM (Unverified) said

Funcom.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 9:03PM (Unverified) said

I'm personally excited about this.

And yeah, everyone craps on FunCom, and not without some reason, but honestly, I bought AoC and played it for a solid 4 months. It wasn't terrible. It had a lot of launch and design and content issues, but it was still a mildly professional product and launch.

I'll be buying TSW on release day.

Posted: Mar 11th 2009 1:44AM (Unverified) said

Initial sales, that's what they're surviving on Kevin. They're hoping to have another HUGE initial sale to keep them surviving on fumes another year.

Posted: Mar 11th 2009 6:42AM (Unverified) said

Funcom? ar'nt that the incredible devs from AoC? I am pitty for Tornquist - he made some good adventures...

Posted: Mar 29th 2009 10:26PM (Unverified) said

I don't like to be a hater but I was extremely excited about this game until I realised FunCom was involved.

I will still keep an eye on it as a Cthulu mythos themed game still perks my interest but I will not build my hopes too much. I don't believe there is an inherent problem with FC games just that they rush to release instead of a little polish.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM