Posted: Mar 9th 2009 11:35AM (Unverified) said

As much as I had enjoyed WAR, 1.2 nearly killed it for me.

First, its nearly impossible to play with the frame rate spikes. (This is an issue with many people, not just myself)

Second, the "balancing" they did really wasn't that great. DoK's are entirely too powerful, I've seen 4 people beating the crap out of a DoK *a healer* and STILL not bring him down.

Third, why work on new content when the current content needs serious reworking? I've never understood why developers do that....

Just my 2c

Posted: Mar 9th 2009 11:45AM (Unverified) said

DoK's have been OP since launch, nothing new there.

As for the new content in this case, I refer to it as the 'polishing the turd' syndrome, where a developer, in this case, Mythic, will keep bombarding the customer with new, shiny classes and supposed features as a distraction, all the while ignoring the actual game-breaking issues that would be far harder to fix.

Posted: Mar 9th 2009 3:50PM Anatidae said

Warriors Priests are like that too. They take a long time to kill. In fact, if there are 3+ WP in a scenario healing and tanking (better than the order tanks!) it is likely that the entire destruction team will fail.

If DoKs are similar, then I can understand your frustration. However, I will say that WP tend to heal others where as DoKs tend to heal themselves. It is just the type of player each class attracts at a base level. Order almost always seems to exhibit more buffing/team play. I have to constantly remind my party members to buff us up. I think destruction spells team "teIm" - I comes first.

Most of the patch is better though. I have seen a sudden shortage of Rune Priests (guess they switched to their WP alts?) whereas a lot of destruction shaman were grumbling a bit.

I know the Black Orc's damage tree got changed to a point where it does not work so well anymore. I am in the mid-30s with a BO and went pure tank again and that is a force to be reckoned with in a scenario. As long as I make sure there are some teammates somewhere nearby to help with damage or healing, I can slowly take down 4-5 order. Most people don't focus fire tanks (which does make sense) but if you play your buffs and debuffs well, you can really make it hard for the other team to hurt your friendlies. Nothing like guarding a Zealot and hitting on his attacker while being ignored. A well placed taunt in a run of swings and everyone goes down with little hurt to my squishy. That's why I like WAR. If you do the teamwork it is fun.

Posted: Mar 9th 2009 11:41AM (Unverified) said

I hear nothing but good things about 1.2 from guildies. It's not UI and ToK comments though, it's that balance feels much more in-tune w/ where it should be. I don't know personally, b/c I just can't bring myself to log in right now, but I'm hopeful.

I do want to point out about how Carrie makes it "seems as though something much more exciting is on the way" - I'd love to see just one bloody interview w/ a Mythic employee where they DON'T make it sound this way. They could be changing the names of the epic dyes and they'll make it sound like it's some revolutionary mmo feat.

I don't doubt they have some cool things in the work, but FFS, they haven't recreated the wheel yet, and it's kinda annoying how they present themselves as such. Mostly it's MJB, but they all do it to a degree. Sometimes I wonder if sub fees go to acting coaches or Tony Robbins on how to make a great performance in interviews.

Posted: Mar 9th 2009 11:59AM archipelagos said

You're not that far off with the coaching idea. Overblown hyperbole may be something that the cynical gamer doesn't buy into but there's plenty of people who do. It's all part of the great beast that we call marketing.

Posted: Mar 9th 2009 12:43PM WSCopic said

God bless capitalism.

So far the 1.2 patch has been okay by me.

Some nice new features and all that.

Posted: Mar 9th 2009 1:46PM Holgranth said

Unless 1.2 totally completely revolutionises the game I'm going to have to pass.

I'm having more fun back on Warcraft in the Barrens on a role playing server grinding quillboar and listening to saurfang jokes than I was doing RvR in WAR..... I really do not know why.....

Posted: Mar 9th 2009 4:08PM (Unverified) said

Let me recommended a doctor to you...

Posted: Mar 9th 2009 5:35PM (Unverified) said

Dr Norris

Posted: Mar 9th 2009 6:38PM (Unverified) said

Patch 1.2 should have been dedicated to bug fixes only. The content added was unmemorable, and the classes are more unbalanced then ever. I predict susbscriptions will continue to decline, despite the Mythic hype.

Posted: Mar 9th 2009 7:07PM (Unverified) said

"The content added was unmemorable" - have you played Twisting Tower? that is one awesome scenario, it just suffers from framerate issues.

Releasing the last two missing classes is ummemorable? in a week, we're going to be swallowed up by Choppa and Slayer alts. and it'll be good fun.

1.2 has revitalised the game for me, and many others i've talked to.

Choose My Adventure: Firefall as it stands