Posted: Mar 7th 2009 8:24PM Pacey said

After just having gotten into w-space for the first time on sisi lastnight.... um...

damn!

You know how many sleeper ships we killed?

None.

In fact, at one point, a single sleeper BS had 9 fighters on it at once and was tanking it without breaking a sweat.

CCP was right in warning that the old school tactics people use on NPC ships will [i]NOT[/i] work against sleepers.

Posted: Mar 18th 2009 3:05PM (Unverified) said

I've been soloing them myself in a myrm. Haven't had a problem yet with BS sleepers....not sure what you guys did, but please tell me your corps name as I would be happy to tag along with you guys and collect all the loot after you morons die...hehe.

Posted: Mar 8th 2009 5:55AM (Unverified) said

Sleepers sound kick ass. I loved in the "behind the scenes" videos a dev just basically says "people are going to actually get killed by these npcs," when asked how they are different than the previous NPCs.

Also, the production values in all of CCP's trailers is amazing. I say this all the time, but they're such a top-notch team.

Posted: Mar 8th 2009 7:07AM Benicio said

These preview trailers are such eye candy.

Posted: Mar 9th 2009 9:31AM Bongo123 said

"A trio of Carriers and a Mix of about 12 BS, CS and HACs warped into a sleeper compound. The only things that left were the carriers. My Hyperion was vaporised almost instantly upon targeting the first sleeper BS. Sleeper inties targeted, webbed and scrammed multiple individuals at once and all the sleeper BSs focused fire on one ship after the other. In the meantime, ECM, NOS, and Neuts were applied on the carriers also nearly eliminating all their cap and making it impossible to remote rep the few ships that were waiting to be destroyed."

i have absolutely no idea what you just said, but it sounded awesome, just a pity anytime i've tried to get into eve it involved much button clicking and mining oh and getting lost...

Posted: Mar 9th 2009 5:28PM Pacey said

If you ever Decide to try eve again, lemme know. I'll gladly help you figure out the complexities of the game. Char name is Raydn James

Posted: Mar 11th 2009 8:37PM (Unverified) said

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone fleeing WoW? Sites to follow, things to read, guides, bloggers. I am much more comfortable with the carebear profession side if that matters.

TIA

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 12:47PM (Unverified) said

EVE cannot succeed much beyond its current user base because of the leveling system. New users are left SO FAR behind current leaders that there is a huge discouragement to join. I played Eve in beta and picked it up again a year later (yes, many years ago now) and found that I was already depressingly behind. If they reworked the leveling system a bit to allow new players to advance a bit quicker this storyline expansion (a MUCH needed addition imho) could really have potential. Eve remains one of the most innovative and beautiful UIs in MMO gaming to date.