Posted: Mar 10th 2009 12:44PM Xerberos said

I love how they have showing the remains of Buckaroo Bonzai's rocketcar trip through a mountain over by Gadgetzan with the skid marks leading up to the mountain on the saltflats side.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 12:46PM (Unverified) said

I like the Arcane Protectors in Ruins of Silvermoon who run around saying "Uphold the law!" "Protect the innocent!" and "Serve the public trust!" which are the 3 prime directives of Robocop.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 12:57PM (Unverified) said

"Harrison Jones" the adventurer, an NPC in Grizzly Hills that you have to help escort out of some troll temple.

Definitely a reference to Indiana Jones

He's also in Zul'Aman I believe.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 1:11PM (Unverified) said

in Wow in Shattarah there is a Cooking Daily Quest Giver named "The Rokk"

"Can You Smell What The Rock is Cooking?"

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 1:13PM (Unverified) said

I love that there are quests named after Depeche Mode ("Everything Counts In Large Amounts",
"Master And Servant") and Echo and the Bunnymen ("Fate, Up Against Your Will", "The Killing Time") lyrics.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 1:35PM (Unverified) said

I loved Muigin and Larion in Un'Goro. They were even dressed correctly. (For those who don't know, if you remove the last "n" from both names and swap the first letter...

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 3:00PM (Unverified) said

One of my favorites was the Tenacious Defender belt that drops in Helfire Ramparts. "Its description reads, "It has the power... to move you." An obvious reference to Tenacious D, and their song Wonder Boy where that phrase is used as part of their lyrics. Tenacious D is also listed in the Burning Crusade credits, under Special thanks.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 3:27PM (Unverified) said

Inigo Montoy in Lights Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 3:40PM (Unverified) said

Hey! Nerf the DKs already! But they definitely rocked to pop culture refs in their intro...

Siouxie the Banshee? Classic.

Best by far though? When you're asked to execute the prisoners, take a look at the troll.

Iggy Darktusk?

/spaceman

For real.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 4:59PM (Unverified) said

In WoW. Amberpine Lodge (Grizzly Hills).
The poison vendor in the building is named "Saffron Reynolds". This is a reference to an episode of the TV show "Firefly" where the character Ryan Reynolds gets drunk and marries a girl named Saffron.

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 5:24PM (Unverified) said

WoW is so chock full of pop culture reffernces it would be almost impossible to list them all. So I tried to come up with my personal top 10 in no particular order.

The 'Dune' quest chain in Terrokar Forest/Bonewastes has yet to be mentioned and is one of my favorites. At lvl 80 I still have my Reverend Mother's Crysknife from defeating HaiShalude for sentimental value.

Like many other Browncoats here, I smiled when I first fished up parts to a Capissen 38, and who didn't drink some Mudder's Milk during Brewfest.

Upon turning in 'Ar'kelos the Guardian' to Archmage Vargoth (who is trapped in the Violet Tower in Netherstorm) the archmage will quote lines from the Eagles 'Hotel California'.

Scooty, Sprok, and Jhordi Lapforg with their transporters.

Loguhn the Wolvar, complete with blade talon fist weapons.

The Alliance Arathi Basin Battlemaster in Shattrath named Adam Eternium with his trusty Zulian Battle-tiger. Just for a laugh, try to talk to the tiger.

The Triage quest in Theramore/Hammerfall -as patients are dying you can hear them quoting the opening lines of Pink Floyd's 'Goodbye Cruel World' from 'The Wall'

Them freaky kids at Crystal Lake!

Ghostbusters mage quest in UC/SW as well as the Strat quest to zap ghosts with Egan's Blaster.

Klannoc Macleod, the Islander can be found on Fray Island near Ratchet.

Lastly(yes I know this makes 11, oh well), ask a guard in Ironforge where to find the Alchemist. They may tell you they wish they had taken the blue potion instead of the red potion.(Matrix)

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 6:01PM (Unverified) said

I'm a big John Carpenter fan. So to see the Six Demon Bag with the quote "Blasts the enemy in front of you with the power of wind, fire all that kind of thing" I was willing to spend the over charge for it just to have it. Big Trouble In Little China FTW!

Posted: Mar 10th 2009 6:20PM (Unverified) said

"There are Four Lights!!"

In Terokkar forest there is a crazed druid, if you watch his dialogue box enough he spouts the classic ST:TNG line. The episode was a two-parter named 'Chain of Command', Picard is tortured by a Cardassian and forced to lie about how many lights he saw.

Why I Play: ArcheAge