Posted: Feb 27th 2009 8:55AM Evy said

Absolutely. My main character is a feral druid specializing in DPS. My dual spec will be cat/bear so I can tank in a pinch. I considered making my second spec resto, but cat/bear has such a lovely synergy and shares a lot of gear. I think it will work very nicely.

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 9:29AM (Unverified) said

Can't wait for all the loot drama :)

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 9:18AM Tanek said

I, too, am currently playing a DPS-spec Feral Druid. I will probably be using the dual spec to save Cat/Bear configurations, but if it were not for my guild needing tanks, I might be tempted to go Cat/Moonkin just to tray the caster side of Druid DPS.

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 9:15AM (Unverified) said

I've already saved up the gold, bought the glyphs, saved the right gems, and have started gear grinding heroics for tanking swag!

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 9:50AM Thac0 said

No I wont be using Dual Spec as i refuse to go back to WoW! :)

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 10:22AM (Unverified) said

"(You'll still need to swap gear around, but most people who've paid to swap specs are pretty used to that - and besides, there are mods to do that.)"

3.1 also includes the ability to switch gear between up to 10 gear profiles.

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 10:23AM (Unverified) said

You bet I'll be using it.

As a Prot Pally who refuses to constantly spend the scratch to respec I'll benefit a lot by being able to switch over to Ret for soloing. I find myself constantly carrying around a 2h sword... Just in case I ever use it, which I never do.

I'm glad they chose to use level 40 rather than max level to allow dual specs. The ability for hybrids to be able to switch from a 'solo mode' to a 'group mode' during leveling makes it a lot more likely that those soloers that more rarely get groups (lolret) will have a chance to step into an instance. And for me, I'll be able to turn into a holy meat grinder for soloing through quests more quickly!

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 10:27AM (Unverified) said

I'll use it all the time, and it'll be really difficult to figure out which of the two specs I'll flip-flop for my third spec.

Fact is, I haven't been subscribed since the holidays, but 3.1 is enough to drag me back.

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 11:20AM (Unverified) said

I'm not quite sure what the logic in making people pay for this is...Just another gold sink?

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 11:32AM Drexel said

Oh man I will absolutely be taking advantage of this on my druid. My dilema is if I should go bear/cat, bear/heal or cat/heal.

Can't see this being very important for my rogue though...DPS is DPS no matter what I'm swinging.

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 11:38AM (Unverified) said

For resto shamans this is a god send. Although I am a little bummed about the cost, 1000 gold is more than any level 40 is going to have unless their an alt. My hope is this will lead to people getting instance groups going more often. In turn leading to more experienced and better prepared players at level 80. As it is now everyone solos to 80 as a dps spec, then ends up healing/tanking heroics with no previous experience. Hell thats fact alone has probably cost me 1000 gold in the last few weeks. stupid heroic pugs ><
It will be really nice to be able to solo again without having to redo all my glyphs.

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 12:57PM (Unverified) said

Don't even have a WoW account anymore, but I'm not going to lie - 3.1 is hitting all the right buttons for me.

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 6:29PM Aetrix said

Saving the hassle of traveling to a major city, spending the time to put the points back in correctly, and then redoing all my buttons even once makes this well worth the 1000 gold for me.

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 6:30PM Aetrix said

Oh, and glyphs! Glyphs are swapped automatically as well.

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 8:35PM Graill440 said

Silly rabbit, i dont even play and i know they dont swap automatically.

They are setup up under your dual spec tabs, basicaly you have two complete setups along with having to setup your two glyph sets. once setup simply activate the spec of choice and enjoy your french goodness.

Posted: Feb 27th 2009 9:10PM Aetrix said

"once setup simply activate the spec of choice"

In what way is this not automatic?

Posted: Feb 28th 2009 8:05AM (Unverified) said

To those who only play WoW, welcome to 2005.
Since Guild Wars, almost all future MMOs have shown how unnessesary and boring it can be when forced to use a single spec. It encorages cookie cutter characters and fear of experimenting and customising your character.

WoW has not helped itself either, with constant talent revamps and classes now viable at more than 1 role in a group, this has been demanded, nay needed, to keep people playing and caring about their main character, instead of making 100 alts just to play a new experience.

Posted: Mar 1st 2009 5:48AM (Unverified) said

Um, respecs have always been available in WoW. This is just making it more convenient for the player.

I also happen to know many people who have played the same class with the same spec for a very long time. I myself have played a Resto Druid ever since classic WoW, and even though I plan to make use of dual speccing, I would never switch to Balance or Feral for endgame PvE. Healing is what I do and what I love, and there are many people who have also found their calling in a certain class and spec, so no, I don't see how this is at all a necessity that WoW has missed out on?

Posted: Mar 3rd 2009 8:33AM (Unverified) said

Count me in for at least one character. My Boomkin looks forward to dual-speccing Feral Tank as well. I do kind of miss tanking on him, but Booming things with him is a lot of fun.

My Hunter no. My Holy Priest, maybe a second spec of Shadow so I can actually solo well. Who am I kidding I want to be shadow again, so he'll be paying the gold as well.

My DK is just 74 at the moment so I'm not sure about him, but most likely I won't bother.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2009 11:08AM (Unverified) said

Booms and heals on my mega-druid. The cost is worth it, the new gear grind is worth it... I get to be a lethal tree hugging hippie! With antlers AND my own colony of nesting sparrows!