Posted: Feb 26th 2009 4:41PM Snorii said

Way back when I played SWG, I recall running around the planet Yavin IV and exploring there for the first time. I looked down through the fauna and was surprised to find a small frog casually leaping around on its merry way. I couldn't target it, but I thought it was a great small addition to the game. I think each planet had their own small critters - butterflies come to mind on Corellia (?) - but I liked the little frog I found on Yavin IV.

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 7:34PM (Unverified) said

The first time I journeyed to White Sands Isle in AOC and saw how
spectactularly they had had captured the water can be underlit from
beneath made my jaw drop. It was that little extra touch that made
the scenery pop. Also, too watch the alligators go in the water as if
eating and then come to shore to sun.

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 9:36PM Benicio said

I remember when I first started playing WoW. I would always stop and take screenies of myself in nice landscapes or under a particularly nice looking tree etc.

But then the epeen fever kicked in and it was all about climbing the food chain and getting the biggest and baddest gear. Sad because the developers put so much effort into something we so easily overlook or ignore altogether.

Posted: Feb 28th 2009 8:33AM (Unverified) said

Every NPC has something unique to say in Guild Wars.

A little story or introduction about themselves. Each sidequest had individual dialogs inbetween the pickup quests, hand in quests and sell your loot ritual thats repeated over and over. Even the accept/decline windows all had something amusing in responce to the dialog.

It captured what I loved the most about RPG questing, the little short stories than captivate your imagination rather than just another drag 'n drop NPC offering your 7th kill quest.

It shows that the developers really care about the lore and background of the game, even if most of the population doesn't. Lucky for those individuals the gameplay in Guild Wars is extremely simple and you can just click through most of it to get to the "pwning"

MMO Week in Review: QueueAge