Posted: Feb 25th 2009 11:19PM (Unverified) said

I don't know much about the technology of blogs.

Is there some way to unite these into one feed?

Posted: Feb 25th 2009 11:32PM (Unverified) said

I think http://blogs.secondlife.com/community/feeds/allcontent provides an RSS feed for the whole lot. It seems there are more than just seven basic blogs lurking in there.

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 1:37AM (Unverified) said

I spawned in SL on October 3rd, 2006, so I never got a chance to see the old blog, but seeing THIS new blog, I could only shake my head. It's a bit cluttered, and confusing, why make and link to upwards (if not over) 7 separate blogs...On what used to be one main blog that featured everything? Sure, comments were not as easily moderated, and limited to 150 posts, but why not build off of something so simple? I hope that link above me truly feeds as a traditional single blog like it used to, because that's all that is needed.

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 2:22AM (Unverified) said

Many thanks for the coverage! One correction, though: All of the content from the old WordPress blog *has* been migrated over. It's all currently residing in the "Features" channel (though we may migrate some entries to their own sections in the future). To browse it, head to https://blogs.secondlife.com/community/features and check the left sidebar.

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 2:32AM (Unverified) said

Oops. We should have seen that, I imagine. Still getting used to the layout.

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 4:14AM (Unverified) said

hm... can't confirm that all content is transfered. I'm pretty sure that this post had more content than just a headline: http://bit.ly/xmsy6

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 4:21AM (Unverified) said

It's surprising to see the comments there, but the content missing.

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 4:24AM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

Gratz Lindens for undoing the fracture, but as an ex-long term player (a real oldbie) the situation in 2006-2007 was better, a single blog with links onto the opening screen.

Sure you will get some who cry "You are posting happy stories to wipe the massive database loss off the screen" but generally...

It is easier.

One place to inform them all.

Katt's mistake was spilitting it and this isn't that much different.

One blog.

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 5:29AM (Unverified) said

Status reports and grid problems are still off on a separate blog. We're wondering if information about updates and whatnot will make it back to the main blogs now.

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 1:38PM (Unverified) said

Yeah, but there are also whole postings missing. I just noticed it 'cause I invested quite some time into research for the "History of Second Life" article in the SL Wiki a few days earlier http://bit.ly/l6j66

For example, the first reference "Historical Movie - LindenWorld August 2001" is gone :-S

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 5:41AM (Unverified) said

Tat, the grid status link got misplaced when they launched the blog. I've talked to Blue about it and he's gonna poke some of the heads also about a 'colour code' idea I had as well. Yea there are way more than 7 blogs... those 7 are just the main catagories. Be easier if you could pick your 'main blogs' to show on the main page IMO. Took me a while before I found the RC blog under Technology. A site map is really needed, Blue mentioned that the right side might be expanded into one but I think he agrees with that point as well :)

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 10:08AM (Unverified) said

will I have to do anything to get the blog posts in my email again? (btw, would it be possible to have a similar system on Massivelly, to email me the posts with the tags I want? )

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 10:51AM (Unverified) said

I'll pass it on to management. The dev team's always considering new features.

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 11:19AM (Unverified) said

thanx =^,.,^=

ps:btw, I've just checked now and it seems SL's blog is still emailing the posts :)

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 1:40PM (Unverified) said

whoops... wanted to reply to the reply of comment #6 instead of replying to #9 ^^