Posted: Feb 24th 2009 1:40PM (Unverified) said

"Believe it or not people of all ages play wow not just 12 year olds."

I know. I have friends who play WoW.

I was just giving the WoW crowd here on massively a taste of its own medicine because they were acting like such holier-than-thou assclownz.

Posted: Feb 24th 2009 1:57PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Being butt-hurt because people are saying 'Darkfall' looks like a half-assed trainwreck waiting to happen is no excuse to act like a complete douchebag every chance you get. While none of this has anything to do with the topic at hand, I sincerely hope Darkfall does well, if for no other reason than it will hopefully keep all the basement-dwelling inept rejects like yourself concentrated in one centralized location.

Now, is this your cue to insult my mother, attempt to gauge my age, or just throw out random insults in an attempt to prove your keyboard badassery? Then again, more pointless generalizations seem to work fine in situations like this as well.

Posted: Feb 24th 2009 1:59PM Holgranth said

I happily admited that I and others did plenty of Flaming:

"Second yes we have flamed you in responce to your flaming. However we also make constructive posts, and our flames are usualy more constructive than your attempts at making a constructive post."

Your the one who has so far done nothing constructive and generaly limited himself to flaming and abuse.

My last word is your first sentence on massively on your current profile:

" Kyle: You're an idiot."

Just so we are clear WHO started the flaming.

Posted: Feb 24th 2009 2:02PM Holgranth said

• 1 heart
Fess beat me to it, but I second pretty much all of it.

You are one HILARIOUSLY skrewed up troll.

Posted: Feb 24th 2009 3:03PM (Unverified) said

I don't know a thing about darkfall, or WoW, but you two act like the proverbial repub and democrat going at each others necks. I do agree with crymorenoob though, this site is seriously biased against the FFA scene. The last couple days has really turned me off, especially that whole WHO COULD FFA POSSIBLY BE FOR!?!? post. Ugh. I guess I can't really complain since it's a blog site and not news.

Posted: Feb 24th 2009 3:10PM (Unverified) said

@Bam!,

You are 100% correct on both counts.

Kyle's post was just a flame against all FFA fans generally and fodder for the haters.

I wish I hadn't wasted my time arguing with a bunch of idiotic WoW-trolls on here.

Posted: Feb 25th 2009 10:42AM (Unverified) said

Don't kid yourself thinking that anyone believes that you're sincere. You came in here LOOKING to be a troll, and it seems you've done just that. If you want to champion Darkfalls cause, the best way to do that would probably be to NOT act like the total dickwad that everyone thinks FFA MMO players are.

Posted: Feb 24th 2009 3:13PM cray said

I think the heavy handed focus of immersion is making people forget that these online games are supposed to be about interaction with other players. I think there needs to be a greater tolerance and ultimately acceptance that you might be part of someone else's phased quest.

Yeah, I'm sure you wanted to be the one who faced that villain NPC to feel like you are part the grand story. Truth is in every fantasy hundreds of knights go to slay the dragon and never return. Then some shinning knight actually does succeed, and wins the Princess. So what of those who died before him? More importantly what of those after the victorious knight?

I believe that in order to make PvE more immersion, phasing and instancing are a necessary component for now. However I do think that unique questing in which no two quest are alike will help individualize the immersion players seek. Another words I would like to see quest created specifically to help the feeling of walking into someone else's phased or instanced experience. The way to do that is to have variable quest results. Another words 2 knights in an instanced realm slay the dragon only seconds apart, both would be phased into a slightly different outcome. Both phasing results while unique would ultimately lead to similiar quest that have the same phased result. Both players would be less likely to step into each other's phased result because their current paths have been deliberately altered to prevent overlapping.

Posted: Feb 24th 2009 3:38PM Holgranth said

We can only hope that someday systems like that will be placed into mmo's

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 11:10AM Misterlee said

Like all new bits of technology, it's useful and good when used in the right place. It's really as simple as that.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014