Posted: Feb 23rd 2009 5:28PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I don't understand why you guys at Massively are covering Tabula Rasa so much. It was a mediocre MMO at best. I knew this game was in trouble almost immediately. I played it for about an hour when it came out and was already bored and I am someone that has been yearning for a good Sci-fi MMO. This wasn't it.

Posted: Feb 25th 2009 8:15PM (Unverified) said

go back to your sorry lame kiddy wow then. fanbois i do hate. Tabula Rasa was a good game, it may not have been your stupid ass wow but alot of people liked it. so if you think its lame big deal but please if you honestly dont have something constructive to add dont say it. I am kinda dissapointed at the fact that it is ending i quite literally achieved the level cap 1 week before the announcement of the shutdown.

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 12:07AM (Unverified) said

I don't play wow, so sorry try again.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2009 7:34PM Alpoe said

Dude, chill out, its fine, and its in its last days

Show even a little respect

Posted: Feb 23rd 2009 8:15PM ultimateq said

I agree, its very sad to see ANY game go down like this.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2009 9:37PM (Unverified) said

We are talking about a computer game so i think it is you that needs to chill out with the show some respect stuff, this isn't a person dying it's a lame mmo. The larger point I was trying to make was if they had some of these things they are doing now and had half of this publicity maybe it wouldn't have failed.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2009 11:24PM (Unverified) said

Im sure it's also people losing their job too. No, people are not dying but as a gamer I would expect you to "get it". And mmo's are not just games, because you have to invest way more than just 15 dollars a month. You have to invest a lot of your time which is usually a big deal.
On the other hand this hurts me because i played a month of tabula rasa and I always promised myself to come back. I actually thought is was a promising mmo. I honestly do not understand what was lame about it. Great Ai, different, level grinding was not immensly evident and the game, ran great on many systems, and did not have high requirements. Quests were very interactive and story lines were strong at times. There was nothing tabula rasa did to deserve the title "lame". Lame is what you call overhyping your mmo (you know which one's) and not deliverying on the promises made. Sort of like a politician lol. Also the respect that the the game and dev team deserve, is for working closely with the community which you don't get anywhere else. Sure there are other dev teams that get involved with the community, only after the mmo hits rock bottom and they have no where else to go.

My overall point is that TR is a respectable and mmo. I would even call the game a sleeper mmo. There are players that have found that game they always have been looking for and when its canceled like this, it really hurts. Cheers to Tabula Rasa!

Posted: Feb 24th 2009 4:21AM Psychotic Storm said

Honestly, I do not get why people are so hostile to Tabula Rasa, its a decent MMO that I personally enjoyed and still enjoy, please if you do not have anything constructive to say just don't say anything.

Posted: Feb 24th 2009 10:45AM (Unverified) said

What is sad is that the above poster (Bill) only played and I qoute "about a hour", which is barely enough time to create a character and get through boot camp so his view is somewhat limited of the game and really has no merit.

TR did get off to a slow start and started progressing nicely, which is sad cause it was really just starting to shine, bugs were being fixed, the Devs actually read and listen to player concerns and change things that once tested by said players that didn't work as intended. The Dev team for TR is by far the best I have worked with on a game in a long time.

Hats off to the Devs in TR and wish you well in your travels after the closing and look forward to working with you again if possible.

Posted: Feb 24th 2009 11:34AM (Unverified) said

This was really supposed to be more about why are they getting so much press now vs. a debate over the suck factor, which I'll admit is my fault. I tried the game twice once in beta and once last year so I did give it a chance. I think the hostility stems from the the desire of a large number of MMO players for a good Sci-fi MMO. There have been articles and blogs about why the genre won't or can't make a good game and each failure adds to this belief. Granted we have some potentially stellar Sci-fi MMOs coming out in the near future but peoples opinions of TB were formed well be for the knowledge of these games. MMO's as a whole need to be taken to the next level. We need some true innovation not just a setting change with a couple of mediocre new features.

Posted: Feb 24th 2009 11:37AM (Unverified) said

I never said " only " =)

Posted: Feb 26th 2009 4:32PM (Unverified) said

The reason it is getting so much press is because MMOs shutting down is a big deal. With a non-MMO, it doesn't matter if the company goes out of business. For example, IronLore closing shop doesn't mean I can no longer play Titan Quest.

But when an MMO shuts down, tens of thousands of people are no longer able to play the game they love - AT ALL. They lose track of friends in game, and can no longer experience the characters they put a lot of their own imagination into.

That is why it is a bit sad and a big tragic.

-Michael