Posted: Feb 21st 2009 7:11PM (Unverified) said

I don't get it....Either I've missed something, or they're completely wasting their time, and the time of the players. Why merge servers, add content they the players had been waiting on for ages, and do all this work if its going to be shut down in weeks?

Again not sure if I missed something.

Posted: Feb 21st 2009 7:20PM (Unverified) said

I don't quite understand it either; especially considering shutdown is in 7 days (not weeks).

Posted: Feb 21st 2009 7:57PM Xii said

I was a subscriber to TR up until the end.

We had been promised Mechs, Earth, and better PvP since the game was launched. I'm glad that the TR team has delivered on those promises, even if the decision to cancel the game has already been made -- it wasn't their choice, and they'd been releasing new content well before the big announcement came. TR is going out with a bang.

I don't hold any grudges against the Destination Games devs and community team. I can't say the same for NCSoft corporate.

Posted: Feb 21st 2009 9:59PM (Unverified) said

Oh that's true Celestro, 7 days....

Well a small part of me believes that they're going to SHOCK AND AWE everyone with a surprise involving some sort of "hey we're actually not gonna shut everything down" sorta plan....but who knows.

Posted: Feb 21st 2009 7:29PM cray said

The extra effort is a way of providing goodwill to those who would be otherwise a disgruntled customer had they not given TABULA RASA a swan song.

So instead of being angered at NCsoft, customers are merely disappointed or even grateful for the extra effort as the game comes to an end.

Posted: Feb 21st 2009 10:11PM (Unverified) said

One or two consolidated servers might be more appealing for some other company that would be willing to purchase what remains of this game. I know I would be interested in picking up the pieces for this and a few other games that have headed south.

This game need not die...

Posted: Feb 21st 2009 10:26PM (Unverified) said

Totally man. The game needs some major improvements, but it need not die. There is a part of this game that is really cool and you can build on that core.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2009 3:42AM (Unverified) said

I hate to tell you guys, but it's dying. NCsoft turned down an offer of $2,000,000 for Auto Assault, for several reasons:

1) Companies don't like to waste R&D budgets and IP's.

2) Legal tax writeoffs in terms of financial loss will more than cover any reasonable offer anyone would make for TR.

3) NCsoft wants to stick it to Garriot for leaving them by killing the game he abandoned.

If you want to blame anyone for TR, blame NCsoft 35%, Garriot 65%. Go watch the video with the harp. Now go play Halo 2. See what happened?

That being said, it's going to be hilarious, because Blizzard is going to Bill Hicks-ify TR, with a smidgeon of Mass Effect for their upcoming Worlds of Starcraft.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2009 12:16PM (Unverified) said

$2 million is a pittance compared to how much it cost to develop, but I'm surprised anyone even made a bid. Can you provide a link?

Posted: Feb 22nd 2009 5:18AM Psychotic Storm said

I am afraid they will simply not accept any offer that is less than the full cost they invested for the games development, plus much more.

lets face it NCsoft is a multi billion company, they spend a few millions even if these were a few hundred to acquire a few western studios in order to develop "western" MMOs, they kept what studios were successful and kill all the others, simple as that unfortunately.

TR was unfortunate of a bad start 3 direction changes and the carry out of the excess waste it had, why they insisted it is the same game while it essentially is 3 different games 2 cancelled and one that was released is beyond me (except if it was for internal politics) and of course non existent Public Relations.

Now I would LOVE them to keep it alive even if that means in life support, but for the last GW article we read here, I think they want ArenaNet to have all the western resources directly available to them, not a bad business decision, as much as it pains me to accept it.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2009 1:44PM (Unverified) said

So wait, they have one week to go before the end, and yet they're shutting down the servers for 48 hours to merge then for all of 3 or 4 days?

NCSoft must really hate you TR players. Ouch.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2009 4:02PM TheJackman said

lol well good buy a other failed NCSoft game! You goto hand it to sony not matter how bad there mmos get they stick with them!

Posted: Feb 23rd 2009 3:21AM (Unverified) said

I pity the fans.

It is a sad thing for these players.

Problem is that badly developped MMORPG's shouldn't be launched.
In the long run players will only benifit if ALL those other MMO's that didn't even attain TR quality were shut down too.

I hope fans of AoC and War open their eyes, because those 2 made the scene even look worse.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2009 9:06AM (Unverified) said

You still here pissing on anything that is not Warcraft.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories