Posted: Feb 20th 2009 11:18AM (Unverified) said

Hmm.

The Beta invite I signed up for AGES ago is looking less and less likely :(

Posted: Feb 20th 2009 1:38PM wcanyon said

Me too. Not all is lost though. I'm betting that the Beta will start in April if they're releasing in June. 60 days of Beta would be smart. 90 days even better. I think it'll start real soon. The dev who was at comic con NY mentioned a closed beta (at least it sounded like that) but no open beta.

Posted: Feb 20th 2009 11:45AM (Unverified) said

Awesome. This is one I'm really looking forward to. Twitch based, dog fights.

I'm hoping it's as beautiful as EVE, but far less time requiring. EVE would be awesome, if I didn't find the time reqs, economic drive, and harvesting needs so mind numbingly boring.

Posted: Feb 20th 2009 11:53AM postman said

lol so you mean eve would be better if it wasnt eve?

srry couldnt help it

yeah i signed up for beta on this one too, looking forward to an invite if it ever come.

Posted: Feb 20th 2009 12:01PM (Unverified) said

well, I just meant it'd be better for me. People love the game. It's far more expanded and braod then a lot of games. Jsut doens't work for me.

Posted: Feb 20th 2009 1:27PM Dirame said

I think the only thing missing from eve is the dog-fights, economic drive is fun for a person like me who loves to learn how to work the market.

Posted: Feb 20th 2009 1:42PM wcanyon said

Eve's market system is really something. But spreadsheets aren't fun. The market system also drives a lot of the fun factor out of Eve: you gotta pay for that ship that the gankers just blew up, back to the markets/harvesting you go. And the market system is sorta stupid because there are plenty of items that you just can't build. A realistic system would let you build anything in the game with the right blueprint.

Posted: Feb 20th 2009 7:27PM (Unverified) said

I just wish EVE would focus on fixing a few combat related things before releasing and working on another expansion so quickly.

I mean how long since the last one was just released? This is redic.

Posted: Feb 21st 2009 12:07AM Dread said

AWESOME!!

Finally I get to re-live my Wing Commander days and actually fly and fight in my ship in space.....rather than relying on dice rolls.....

Now....just to hold onto my sanity until June.....I just don't think I can take doing more grinding until then....

;)

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors aweigh in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM