Posted: Feb 20th 2009 7:24PM (Unverified) said

The game is geting better. seriously. Ever since the merger, the game has improved.

What an average day in AoC is PvP battles in Elite kesh or raids and all sorts of smaller battles fought in the other lands as everyone has a a gillion alts. So people like to choose to level to a certain point and then go find people higher than that or at that level and PvP them. They don't level up that character, cause we all have 80s, its just to have a change in scenery , powers, attributes etc.

its just constant PvP everywhere. the crafting system I like and you now get special crafting drops from PvP.

the only problem with the game currently is Erling Erlingson still works for the company despite the calls for his firing ... I dont understand why they just wont do the right thing and fire his ass. Every time I see him, I want to vomit and quit AoC.

But it is a good game now at its core.

Posted: Feb 20th 2009 9:37PM Jesspiper said

Regardless of AoC's launch and negative opinions around it, the soundtrack is one of the best ever made for a computer game. The game deserves this award for sure.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2009 12:36PM Evy said

Agreed. The soundtrack is quite impressive and immersive.

Posted: Feb 20th 2009 9:56PM (Unverified) said

Agreed.

When I walk into Conall's Valley (which in itself has a most incredible visual atmosphere imho) and hear Helene B√łksle singing "The Dreaming - Ere the World Crumbles", written by Knut Avenstroup Haugen, it sends shivers down my spine.

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41sELZvzD_s&feature=related

Whilst that particular track is one of my favourites, the entire soundtrack is superb and stands alongside Jeremy Soule (Morrowind, Oblivion, Guild Wars, etc), Jason Hayes (WoW) and Tracy W. Bush (WoW).

GG

Posted: Feb 21st 2009 8:06AM (Unverified) said

I agree. While I don't play the game anymore, I bought the soundtrack early on and still listen to it. Something I rarely do with video game soundtracks. Ironically, the last I remember was Anarchy Online, there were some nice tracks on that as well. Was that the same artist?

Posted: Feb 21st 2009 2:58AM TheJackman said

I am still waiting but this game is on my try again list at the end of this year so I will have a better play time.

Posted: Feb 21st 2009 4:32AM Graill440 said

Definately one of the sadder points of my quitting AOC after the free period. Her voice was killer, to bad she hooked up with a subpar game. At least she will get a bit of good out of it.

Posted: Feb 21st 2009 3:48PM (Unverified) said

The soundtrack of Age of Conan is magnificent
I recently returned to the game (had quit during the summer) and I must say it has improved virtually in every aspect.
If you were thinking of returning to the game don't hesitate. You won't be disappointed.
Check out the game's forums to see the list of changes that have been implemented in the last months.

It's too bad that most gaming sites don't update their reviews on MMORPGS as time goes by (take gamespot for example where EVE Online still has a score of 6.6 based on what the game looked in 2003). I bet that most reviewers would give AOC a score above 8.5 if it was getting reviewed today. The awful launch combined with the high requirements of the game pretty much ruined AOC's reputation, but I really think it deserves a second chance.