Posted: Feb 19th 2009 6:06PM DaBruuzer said

FYI - transfers went live today at about 8:45am Eastern, but were taken down within an hour due to "technical issues" (read - overwhelmed), and officially delayed until tomorrow, Feb. 20.

Posted: Feb 19th 2009 7:42PM Holgranth said

About freaking time!

Posted: Feb 19th 2009 8:13PM (Unverified) said

Pretty soon WAR will down to the same quantity of servers as Vanguard.

Posted: Feb 19th 2009 8:45PM mjemirzian2 said

Mythic is shutting down all 4 source servers.

A lot of players are complaining that moving 4 onto 7 servers that aren't doing that well either is not nearly effective enough.

The game could easily fit the entire NA population onto 5 servers at this point.

Posted: Feb 19th 2009 8:54PM (Unverified) said

the start of the end.

we all told them. I was a hardcore WH fan boi, until it went live and the whole population just grinded scenario after scenario AFTER scenario AFTER F-IN SCENARIO.

And mythic was too slow to react to what players were doing. thousands fled the game after they got to Tier 4 and realized that all that was left in the game was MORE SCENARIOS!!!

Posted: Feb 19th 2009 10:38PM Ghede said

To be fair, the live events are really fun.

...

Until you can't take any keeps because there are no raid groups going at 8pm EST. That's ****ing PRIME TIME. The entire goddamn continent is home at that point, and I can't even find ONE t2 raid group. and they require you to take down 10 keep lords!

Ditto for PQ's to take down marked monsters.

I stopped playing after night of murder. When you can't complete events because you need other people and there are none because Mythic refuses to swallow their pride and merge servers, You give the **** up.

Posted: Feb 19th 2009 11:29PM (Unverified) said

Scenarios in tier 1 through 3 should have been used as a learning mechanism to teach the mechanics needed in T4 keep/city sieges and that is it. (much like the old DAoC battlegrounds) There shouldn't have been any T4 scenarios at all.

Granted, the world PvP would have possibly needed to be spiced up a bit and the keep sieges more engaging, but at least it might keep everyone from hiding in scenarios all the time.

Posted: Feb 20th 2009 5:45AM Drexel said

It sounds like they ARE trying to spice up open world RvR with every patch. Seems like every time I read the notes there are multiple improvements to the "incentives" to do open world RvR. If, after all the changes, people still prefer to do scenarios then what is Mythic to do at that point?

No one is holding a gun to any one's head and forcing them to queue up a scenario. It is as much (if not more so) the player's fault as it is Mythic's that scenarios have become the defacto way to level for most people. They happen to be a bit quicker than any other leveling scheme....god forbid anyone take an extra millisecond to level by doing something fun...so they continue to queue scenarios even when they are sick of doing them, then of course, they get burned out on them.

Posted: Feb 21st 2009 12:01AM Xii said

Just transferred over my characters. This was the second time for me, but for some it was their third. The new server was definitely more active, but who knows how much of that was just people transferring in for the first time, or taking advantage of the +20% EXP and RP boost. Time alone will tell if any of it matters. The only servers that seem to do consistently well are the Open PvP ones.

I had to lose the names of both my main and my primary alt because they were theoretically in use -- even though the character search showed nothing. I asked CSR about the possiblity of getting my name back, on the assumption that was being used by a defunct account. Even though I had to transfer servers twice now, they told me it was impossible and basically that I was stupid for even asking.

Unique character names are a joke, and a crutch for games with terrible customization (like WAR and most other MMOs other than CoX). Mythic support is a sad joke at best. Rant over.