Posted: Feb 18th 2009 1:31PM (Unverified) said

Listening to players? I'll believe it when I see it. In City of Heroes, players pleaded with Cryptic to stop making changes in the name of PvP that would affect PvE. And Cryptic's response was Okay! Lets break the PvE game by making repeated changes in the name of PvP!

When I left they were still "balancing" the game around PvP. Too bad--CoH has alot of strengths, but PvP isn't one of them, and at least 2 years ago, PvE content was lacking.

I have high hopes for Champions, but the first inkling I have that the designers are again making they game they want to see and are excluding players from the process, I'll be out.

Posted: Feb 19th 2009 5:16PM (Unverified) said

The new CoH developers (under Positron and NCSoft) recently fixed this issue (maybe better late than never) by creating a system where powers can have different effects in PvP than they do in PvE.

So essentially, from a programming stand point, they can change how a power works in PvP, while keeping it the same in PvE.

Posted: Feb 18th 2009 3:33PM (Unverified) said

T have you even been to the forums for Champs?? I've been there since the start and they've already made some MAJOR changes because of our feedback so they definately are listening.

Posted: Feb 19th 2009 2:55PM (Unverified) said

Good to hear. Like I said, I have high...very high...hopes for this game.

Posted: Feb 18th 2009 10:28PM UnSub said

All MMOs are what the developers want to see. Some developers just take on more player feedback than others.

Posted: Feb 19th 2009 2:56PM (Unverified) said

And a development team must balance that with what the players want. Some things that players want are either unrealistic or are at odds with the direction of the game. The developers, on the other hand, must step back on occasion and make sure that they are not alienating mass groups of players.

Any one person can complain and take their 15 dollars elsewhere; that doesn't make much difference in anything, and it happens all the time. When large groups of people complain and do that, problems arise. Ask the Age of Conan guys about player expectations not being met and the subsequent erosion of active accounts.