Posted: Feb 17th 2009 8:27PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
"Come on in, the WAR is lovely"

I beg to differ.
I recently resubbed to see what progress had been made.. ugh

- My character's hair still clips right through it's helm
- Timestamp in chat makes the last line of type disappear (rendering chat unuseable with timestamps)
- It's a ghost town with absolutely no way to actively persue any RvR, PQ or scenario activities
- Combat is still *the* most boring and sloppily implemented mechanic, with it being boring, slow & out of synch with the animations
- skill progression is equally as boring with only a couple of 'exciting' new skills being added every 3rd or 4th level gain
- the 'build up' mechanic is still a let dwon (ie: use particular skills to build up a 'special' - yet the special is a fizz and does less damage and has less visual pizazz than a L1 base spell)
- you still can't change the mouselook sensitivity, nor most of any in-depth video or system options
- and to top it all off, the players that *are* there are the worst sufferers of defensive fanboism i've ever come across. Even worse than the Lotro forum fanbois :-o

In my opinion, it's made zero progress since launch in terms of the fundamentals, and I'm pissed off at myself for wasting US$15 to see it for myself.

The game is fundamentally flawed without players and without working on the basics.
Paul Bennet is a nice guy but also effectively a hype-merchant (borderline liar). Listen to/watch his statements and explainations and then play the same thing ingame.. it's like he's talking about a different game than the one under your mousebutton.

WAR was fun at launch when there were 1000's of players to support the pvp and PQ's. But they all left for a reason - and that reason(s) haven't been addressed by anything Mythic has done since.
Adding new classes doesn't fix the basic flaws in it's design.

I want to luv it, but it's hard when you log in to check it out and it spits in your face with no progress since Q3 last year.
Oh and *crickets* when you ask anything in general..

Posted: Feb 18th 2009 12:25AM hami83 said

LOL you're probably not even the final rank. You have no idea what you're talking about.

The majority of those complaints can be applied to EVERY MMO.

Posted: Feb 18th 2009 3:35AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Oh wow! The defensive fanboi arrived here too!

You're a moron, so I'm not even going to bother with a retort.

Posted: Feb 18th 2009 4:26AM Sephirah said

Hardy, is the final rank "Defensive fanboi"?

Posted: Feb 18th 2009 8:15AM (Unverified) said

Amana
You sound like the ulimate WoW Fanboi attacking Warhammer... what you said in your post is just sad.

Do you even play the game seriously? I would say no.

The game is fun and if it's not for you then fine.

Regards

Posted: Feb 18th 2009 9:11AM hami83 said

Defensive fanboi that states all your complaints can apply to every MMO.

I'm a fanboi of..a durrrrrrrrrr wait a second...

Posted: Feb 18th 2009 10:52AM (Unverified) said

I agree with Amana. I recently resubbed, only to find a fundamentally flawed game still in the same state that it was when I left. I have a level 40 Warrior Priest on Dark Crag. I HAVE reached max level, and the game lost its touch once the buzz of launch ended. The gameplay mechanics thrived on such high population numbers. Without those numbers the game is serverly lacking and feels extremely numb. The world has absolutely no life imo. I have faith in mythic to do something great with the game from here on out since I had a blast leveling to 40. I know they have the potential.

Posted: Feb 17th 2009 8:30PM (Unverified) said

*Paul Barnett (Paul Bennet)

Posted: Feb 17th 2009 8:36PM (Unverified) said

Amana it all depends on what realm you choose tbh....join a realm that has a low/low population even during peak hours, and you'll find the game to be lifeless and dull....join a rather active realm and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Posted: Feb 17th 2009 8:45PM (Unverified) said

Thanks Clabo - I'd sure like to be (pleasantly surprised). Which realm has a pulse at the moment, that I can check out?

(Population mechanic issues notwithstanding, I still find it difficult to believe there are so many fundamental technical issues so long after release and player feedback though..)
:S

Posted: Feb 17th 2009 8:49PM Holgranth said

ONLY if you play destro :) I have yet to see a med population realm that is equal or has an order advantage..... hell I'm not sure I remember seeing any low pop realms with an order advantage and I have characters on 5 of them......

Are there even any? I abandoned my order character from launch because its so skrewed up.

Posted: Feb 17th 2009 8:54PM (Unverified) said

Im on Volkmar *spelling?* because thats where my characters were allowed to transfer, and after research, it was considered to be the most active out of the list of transfers I had available.

That and dark crag *again...spelling?* are supposedly the most populated servers atm...I hear that volkmar is more balanced though, and thus far, the fighting has been rather fun and very balanced in terms of numbers and talent.

Posted: Feb 17th 2009 10:17PM (Unverified) said

Dark Craig is hopping. (sometimes has 300+ queues)

If you roll on that server your going to have action 24/7

Posted: Feb 17th 2009 8:57PM (Unverified) said

If you ever hit up Volkmar on the order side, message JohnForDeath. :) That's me

I will say this....the best thing to happen to WAR, imo, has been the slowdown of players. It's created a very tight community where rivalries seem to be very strong, and people really get into the competitive side of it all hehe.

Posted: Feb 17th 2009 9:16PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Rather sad, that the only thing remotely interesting about this game at this point is seeing what these wanna-be rockstars can do to attempt to be humorous.

Posted: Feb 17th 2009 9:38PM (Unverified) said

80 bucks says you're a AoC fan...lol

Posted: Feb 19th 2009 1:40AM (Unverified) said

Why would you bring up AoC? Not that I'm a fan, but for a game that's considered by most to be a failure...AoC still has an estimated 150k -MORE- active subscriptions than WAR.

So...WAR is below a failure then, I suppose?

Posted: Feb 17th 2009 11:49PM mjemirzian2 said

Massively sure are huckstering WAR hardcore with every minor tidbit and inane video. The game was clearly released 6-12 months too soon and Mythic are feeling the blowback every day in lost subs.

Posted: Feb 18th 2009 12:27AM hami83 said

• 1 heart
WAR had a better launch then WoW, but I doubt you even played MMOs when that happened or you wouldn't be saying this.

WAR was not launched too early. Sure stuff was cut, but the launch was absolutely fine.

The loss of subs, in my opinion, is because of ADD players like yours that just can't commit to another MMO other then WoW, which is acceptable really because it's A LOT of time required to build up friends, knowledge, etc etc.
However to claim is sucks because you didn't commit the same time you commit to WoW, you're just lying to yourself.

Posted: Feb 18th 2009 1:20AM (Unverified) said

@Hardy;

Yes, losing 500k players in less than 6 months is *definitely* the fault of the players themselves, and not the unpolished, unfit-for-release colossal disappointment that is WAR. That must be it. Thanks for that shining nugget of wisdom.

Actually, no, that's idiotic.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM