Posted: Feb 16th 2009 2:19PM (Unverified) said

I tried it but it just didn't click with me.

But good luck to 'em. There's a good game in there, especially for free.

Posted: Feb 16th 2009 2:30PM (Unverified) said

It's definitely good for a free MMO. But I played WoW off and on for several years, and RoM just felt like more of the same. I'm sure it will be very popular, especially among people who don't own a credit card.

Posted: Feb 16th 2009 2:53PM Mr A said

I enjoy it quite a bit. I enjoyed Lord of the Rings Online, but I actually canceled my account and am enjoying this more.

Posted: Feb 16th 2009 3:59PM hami83 said

Like people said. It's not mind blowing of an MMO, but the "free" price tag puts it way up there.

It's very solid, just nothing new, but it's FREE.

Posted: Feb 16th 2009 5:10PM (Unverified) said

For a free game (and even for a PAY game) there are just a wealth of features too numerous to even get into here. RoM definitely has the ratio of 'rewards / time spent playing' almost exactly right, and that's really what is most important - that you feel like you are not just wasting your time. Visit the ENG forums in the Addons&UI section, we have a LOT going on there including UI's that give WoW a run for its money - no lie.

Posted: Feb 16th 2009 6:13PM (Unverified) said

What can i say, its fun. I mean its more of the same, but hey its a free version of more of the same! I am just a little terrified of micro transactions, I have fought with myself for year to keep from buying gold from farmers to save my very limited free time. I knew if I got started I would end up saying "Meh, its only 100 bucks, and my alt really needs a epic flyer!" until I was broke and hooking for epix. Micro trans I think would end up breaking me as I wouldn't even have the moral wall in front of myself holding me back.
That and both genders look very very female.

Now back to trying to remember my anarchy online account name hahaha

Posted: Feb 16th 2009 7:33PM (Unverified) said

It's good for a free fantasy MMORPG. But... well, there's a reason you usually pay for games. RoM's just grindingly grintastic, even for a game from Taiwan.

The dual class system is nice, but you have to level them individually, and you'll have completely different stats and armor sets depending on which one you have activated.

Crafting seemed to have depth, but I went through 55 ore and didn't scratch the second level of armorcrafting. You only have one piece of armor you can make from levels 1-3, and then you get an extra recipe every two levels after that. And, from what I've seen, crafted equipment is much weaker than anything you'll ever find on the ground.

Posted: Feb 17th 2009 9:26AM Saylah said

Yes, it is like other games so player who are already subscribed to WOW/EQ2/LOTRO may not be blown over by Runes. HOWEVER, I find it more compelling than all of the other MMOs for leveling except WOW. Leveling is something Blizzard nailed into the coffin on perfection. BUT I can customize my character's progression and combat style in ways that can be dreamed of in the other games. It also has the crafting like EQ2 which I loved but with a lot less grinding involved. I love the player housing and guild halls too. There's always something to do even when I don't want to level that still benefits my character. It's definitely up there with many of the subscription games but it's free. :-) I'm sold.

Posted: Feb 19th 2009 4:34AM (Unverified) said

The game is impressive up until level 20. Just good enough to hook players and perhaps entice them into shelling out some cash to the cash shop. It doesn't seem to last, though, if even the community mentors criticizing the game is any indication: