Posted: Feb 10th 2009 8:08AM (Unverified) said

Back when I was in college, a friend of mine missed his sister's High School graduation because he was playing World of Warcraft.

For the sake of all my fellow readers, I hope nobody can beat that.....

Posted: Feb 11th 2009 3:57PM aboutblank77 said

I missed my own high school graduation.
Although, I wasn't going to go anyway. If I hadn't been playing wow I'd have been doing something else.

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 8:17AM (Unverified) said

I can spin it another way. While I was going through chemo AoC/Tabula Rasa/Hellgate: London (lame though they were) distracted me enough as to make things easier. Time flew thanks to games which make the 6 months of chemo seem a lot shorter.

Currently Fallout 3 is providing welcome relief from my fathers terminal decline (its days now).

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 9:16AM (Unverified) said

I've had a number of cases where I wind up losing a couple of hours to WoW or LOTRO or COH... one of those 'it's that late already?' things. The worst I ever had though wasn't with a MMO, it was with Master of Orion II, where one evening I sat down to play and next thing I knew the sun was rising the next morning...

A question though, the image for this article, is that a Mythos screenshot?

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 9:29AM (Unverified) said

I missed my funeral. :l

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 10:04AM (Unverified) said

After one long session of EQ I noticed a light coming through a nearby basement window. I went AFK for a minute to peer out and try to identify who just drove up in my driveway. It was the SUN!

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 11:20AM (Unverified) said

Not actually MMO related (even though I once spent an entire week in WoW when my wife was out of town, and I had some vacation time)...

I started playing Call of Duty 4 at about 9:30. I got in a really nice group and we hopped from playlist to playlist. I paused briefly to get a sandwich from the kitchen and returned to the game. When I looked at my watch I was sure it was broken. It could NOT be 18:30. That was NOT the case! Well it was. It felt like I played two hours.

Then again, maybe aliens kidnapped me, explaining the missing time. I wonder what would be worse.

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 1:30PM (Unverified) said

When I first got Fable II I played it all the way through and then some in a 16 hour spurt. That was more of a case of the game was too addicting to put down, though.

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 12:47PM (Unverified) said

well, ive done the whole oww shit i missed a lecture cos of mmo's however the worst experiance i had cos of to much play time was when i was home alone for 7days and i clocked in 65-70approx, when i realised that i was disgusted at myself, and at that point started trying to quit, but it was to late i was addicted. the culprit WOW.

i am free now, well at least till darkfall releases

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 5:27PM Graill440 said

Hearing about a pair of adults playing the WOW garbage so long they "forgot" their child and didnt care for it for over 3 days, it died (this was on the news for a couple months). Hope the parents are enjoying prison.

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 7:59PM cray said

Grail, thanks for killing the humorous intent of the article.

I've played Guild Wars 29 hours straight, only to get up for food and bathroom break. After hitting a tough spot I logged off and hadn't realized I killed entire day on the computer. I figured I was on 8-9 hours, I guess I didn't look out the window.

I was grateful I hadn't had anything planned or missed appointment. However my voicemail was loaded with concerned friends and family. I had to figure out some lame explanation for avoiding them. I decided to just tell them the truth, Needless to say I wound up getting 3 of my friends to try Guild Wars after having listen to my massive adventure.