Posted: Feb 10th 2009 9:44PM (Unverified) said

Player driven conflict...

That always seems to boil down to: We don't have any content so why don't you just kill each other over and over while we busy ourselves with class balance instead of content.

Posted: Feb 11th 2009 1:43AM cray said

Nice cynical view there.

I don't see it that way, I see it as finding way to integrate other players into your story as opposed to NPCs. Think of a game as merely the hardware and the people who play as software. A game is only good as the players who play it. The more players the bigger the challenge the overall campaign will be.

Even though they freely admit Global Agenda is more of a first person shooter than Roleplaying game, I think there method of integration is going to be more common for future MMOs regardless of the genre.

Posted: Feb 11th 2009 10:39AM Grumms said

I'm in the alpha, and believe me. The classes are well balanced and the pvp is perfect.

Posted: Feb 11th 2009 5:23AM (Unverified) said

Well, that about clears up people wanting to know if GA will be planetside remade. It sounds as though the fights will be just as good, but have a cap of less than 20 (or ~60 for the large battles) per side. Good in one sense, but the flipside is whether there will be enough of these battles to accomodate the large number of people a single region-based server will hold.

The 45-day "Campaigns" sound interesting - I want to know how much players can influence the direction of a campaign though, as it could just be a linear path of "battle" "small raid" "small raid"...repeat.

Posted: Feb 11th 2009 8:26AM (Unverified) said

Another title I'm looking forward to. Hopefully its justified to actually pay monthly for it, or would I get eh same experience playing a shooter that is free monthly. Global Agenda, Jump Gate, Blizzards new super secret next gen are on my radar so far. Getting bored without a decent MMO to play.

Posted: Feb 11th 2009 10:34AM (Unverified) said

This game is a tiny instanced UT3 fest. It is nothing close to an MMO and is horrendous.

Posted: Feb 11th 2009 2:12PM Psychotic Storm said

It is nice to hear that, I wish I was in Alpha, or be chosen for Beta, its a game I really look forward to.

as for player driven conflict, its good, I disagree with the cynical point of view, players are there if one continuously spoon-feeds them with content then they will not be part of the game just observers, players must be forced to make their content if they want to be part of a game.

Posted: Feb 11th 2009 7:28PM (Unverified) said

GA is so not a MMO.
10v10 is not MMO.
Planetside had 300 players at a time. That is a MMO.

Heck any FPS on the market will give you 16v16, some as much as 32v32 and they do not charge a monthly fee.

This is not only not Planetside 2, it is not even a MMO.

Posted: Feb 11th 2009 7:30PM (Unverified) said

Oh and BTW, GA has their employees all over these MMO sites posting positive reviews. They are easy to spot once you start looking.

Posted: Feb 12th 2009 6:59AM (Unverified) said

Slacker, please define MMO in such a way all other games reported on Massively are captured by that definition, but GA is not.

For the record, my rule of thumb is that an MMO should provide a persistent world where conflict is part of the ruleset (consciously putting virtual worlds to the wayside) as opposed to all other games where the game world effectively doesn't exist when a player is offline. By that definition GA is an MMO. Moreover, it is player skill based but a casual player can still make a dent and it's just balls out fun!

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014