Posted: Feb 10th 2009 4:45PM BaronJuJu said

Turning your PVP foe into a block of ice and chucking him down the road? LOL, thats just too cool. I like how you can also support PVE characters and perform not only offensive, but defensive roles as well for both PVP and PVE. This is looking to be a really fun game and I'm looking forward to its release.

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 5:14PM venekor said

I have a question for Smedley and it goes...

Why should I have confidence in buying SOE products again after being lied to and screwed over with nearly all your games in the past?

SWG
PS
EQ2

You keep saying you've learnt from your mistakes and yet you then go and do something stupid again right after. So what makes The Agency, DC Universe Online and Free Realms any different? I'm sure all you will do is slowly ruin these games with bad, rushed, untested patches that you still do today and release 5 expansions every year and charge us full price, when combined they offer half the content Blizzard do with one of theirs.

SOE's Idea of new content is to make a box room and use textures you've always used 1000 times before. Get the character models you've used before but just put new armour on them and place 3 of them in an empty room that maybe has a box and a table in it.... woo exciting! Just look at Hoth for example.

Then you look at Blizzard's finely polished content that they've taken nearly 2 years to make and it all feels handcrafted and has so much detail. It has been tested for ages so it all works and is all alot of fun and the world they make just feels alive.

EQ2 with all rushed content has a better graphics engine than WoW and yet it doesn't look anywhere near as good, the world feels dead and empty and it just has no style to it.... just bland, generic rushed content.

So what makes your future products different from these? How will I have confidence in your new products when you have lied to me in the past and screwed me over so many times that I've just quit playing all your games.... ones of which that I loved playing at one time but you just wanted to ruin them and ruin everyones fun. Your poor low subscriber bases and reputation speaks for itself and I'm just sad new people to mmorpgs who havn't heard of SOE will have to find out some stay.

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 6:01PM (Unverified) said

/turnrantoff

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 5:29PM (Unverified) said

I have to agree that the big problem I have with this game boils down to: SOE.

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 6:01PM (Unverified) said

A few big differences I see with this game.

DC Comics is involved more than LA ever was with SWG

Jim Lee and other big name comic book guys are working on this game.

This game is still pre-alpha and it looks better than Cryptic's Champions Online. Get over the SOE hate already. It's beyond old.

Posted: Feb 11th 2009 5:33AM wjowski said

So...the company responsible for the utter crap-fest that was Countdown is going to be involved as well? How is this supposed to allay our fears?

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 7:23PM (Unverified) said

While it looked ok, I was concerned that at about 1:30, his toon fell down after running off a ledge and became see thru for a sec.

Also, like the prior person wrote I feel the same about SOE. My all time favorite game was EQ1, once taken over was ruined by SOE and EQ2 was and is horrible...prior poster hit it on the head and they are the reason I will stay away from this until they prove me wrong.

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 7:21PM venekor said

The SOE hate is well deserved and isn't old because they are still pissing off their customers...... when they start developing good games and delivering good content and not making game breaking patches then the hate will stop.

Until then I will continue to be pissed off at them for ruining games that mattered to me that I'll never be able to play again because SOE put 2 fingers up at me after all the money I had given to them over the years.

Also everything in SWG ran through LA but that doesn't excuse SOE as they developed it and they've also turned their other games to shit. So SWG was the result of 2 shit companies coming together and making the ultimate shit.

I hope SOE do turn it around, I really do because theres not a single mmorpg worth playing anymore. Just aload of boring WoW clones that itself was a clone of EQ and I'm fedup of doing the same boring kill quests all the time and fedup of levels and end games. However I highly doubt they'll change their milking ways......

Atleast Blizzard milk people with quality products.

SOE is like the farmed caged chickens and Blizzard are the free ranged.

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 11:39PM koehler83 said

Wow.. lame

That seemed like a really dumb version of Warhawk.. somehow populated by militant clowns...

Do. Not. Want.

Posted: Feb 10th 2009 11:55PM (Unverified) said

Sorry, not impressed with this at all. Nothing I have seen from DC Universe Online has shown me anything short of average. The animations are really stiff, the execution of powers is just as exciting. You can get this right now with CoH/CoV and they are getting better than this. While I enjoy Jim Lee's art work it's not translating here at all. Where is the art design? Cryptic is ahead of the curve with this and has clearly more experience as it shows in Champions Online. You can build your powers, animations, and appearances to your heart's content on top of the smooth gameplay and voice acting. I really want DCUO to succeed but not like this. You want my money, show me something!

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM