Posted: Feb 9th 2009 11:42AM (Unverified) said

Link is broken?

Posted: Feb 9th 2009 11:57AM (Unverified) said

It's an interesting tie-in. Not all that innovative (like many MMOs have done this) but interesting, none the less.

Personally, as an avid Star Wars and KOTOR I & II fan, I find myself less and less excited about the game.

The focus on story leaves me wondering why not just make a RPG, considering the mechanics of today's standard MMOs, it just doesn't seem all that engaging apart from single player.

Now, I'm certainly not writing it off, but so far, all we've heard about is story, story, story (which Bioware is great at), but that alone does not motivate me to log in to a massive multiplayer world.

I play online to interact, and with such focus on individual story... what's the point?

Again, they could easily change my mind, but right now, the announced features of STO are pulling me (and my family) towards that game at release.

Posted: Feb 9th 2009 12:32PM Holgranth said

Agreed with above that "story,story,story" is starting to make me think it should just be an rpg...... and in all honesty the whole lets make a comic book and reveal important lore thatway has never struck me as a good idea....

Posted: Feb 12th 2009 1:04PM Lateris said

I am into this. I think its a good idea in consideration of Lore in a MMORPG. Which is something SWG tried with their book but never really progressed at all past that point.

I am still interested in game mechanics on a massive multiplayer level. Will we have space, player apartments, guild halls, etc?

Posted: Feb 9th 2009 2:54PM TheJackman said

Dark Horse always try to pump money out of anything starwars! And there starwars comics kinda suck for me art and story :(

Posted: Feb 11th 2009 5:09PM (Unverified) said

Ever think that Bioware MIGHT have realized that people who play an MMO don't want a solo RPG? They aren't idiots. Of course they'll keep the important elements of an MMO, but they will also attempt to seamlessly add your personal story into the mix. As well as adding the "revolutionary gameplay features" that all developers boast about. Bioware is awesome. They'll either do it, or come extremely close.

MMO Week in Review: ArcheAge has arrived

Posted on Sep 14th 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: Has the industry revamp worked?

Posted on Sep 14th 2014 6:00PM