Posted: Feb 8th 2009 10:28AM TheJackman said

character customization options are nice but it not is any good without real gameplay and a game without bugs.... (case: Age of Conan)

Now up to the game play videos!

Posted: Feb 8th 2009 10:56AM ultimateq said

Evil company. As if I wasn't excited enough about this product, now they dangle things like this in front of me!?

Posted: Feb 8th 2009 11:01AM Lateris said

I really think this looks good. I like that the details are become more visual on their avatars. I am really into Eve and LOTRO because of exploration. I hope to add this game to my list.
Is it me or have the avatar graphics really improved over the last few months?

Posted: Feb 8th 2009 11:08AM Minofan said

Hurrah !

I suppose one big advantage of limiting customization to heads ( as everyone wears uniforms ) is that it gives those lovely Cryptic folk the opportunity to run wild with the facial details.

Nausicaans got in to the game !
Not sure how I will wedge one in to my Starfleet crew, but I'm gonna.

Posted: Feb 8th 2009 11:38AM Wilhelm2451 said

Well, it wasn't like we were NOT expecting that level of customization from Cryptic, right? How many times have people said that character creation is the best part of City of Heroes, and have not meant it as a slam on the rest of the game?

What was with that music though? It seemed to be straying across the neutral zone and into a galaxy far, far away.

Posted: Feb 8th 2009 12:51PM (Unverified) said

Yeah I heard that too -- it almost veered right into John Williams-land.

Posted: Feb 8th 2009 11:49AM (Unverified) said

Awesome, i hope it doesn't turn out like COH. Great character customization but the gameplay ends up repetitive and boring.

Posted: Feb 8th 2009 3:13PM Pingles said

Needs more ridges!

Posted: Feb 8th 2009 8:43PM (Unverified) said

Is the music they played during the character creation part of Star Trek history or is it an original composition?'

Because it is AWFUL.

Posted: Feb 9th 2009 1:19AM Calen said

Looks nice so far.

Posted: Feb 9th 2009 2:32AM (Unverified) said

Very nice.

That was 0.00000001% of the game.

Now the other 99.99999999% and we'll be interested perhaps.

I want space battles and planet adventures.

No cockpit prisons.

No AoC or War hype.

Gameplay this time !

Posted: Feb 9th 2009 10:46AM (Unverified) said

Looking good!

Posted: Feb 9th 2009 12:53PM (Unverified) said

Char Cust is cool and all, but I'm more interested in the other features announced:

Exploration, ship custimization, Cap & crew control, Planet discovery. That stuff sounds like about the coolest thing ever.

Posted: Feb 9th 2009 1:38PM (Unverified) said

It's a little sad that people are going wild over this, but apparently have never seen the most detailed avatar builder of them all - Second Life. Not only does that game feature the best-looking avatars, hands down, it provides by far the most detailed avatar/shape builder, with dozens and dozens of tweaks to every part of the body. And these can be edited at any time you wish. It amuses me that these 100 million dollar games can't produce anything even close to the excellent work done by the community itself in Second Life. The SL skin shops REDGRAVE and LAQROKI produce stunning photorealistic skins that put to shame any other MMO. Since it's a game of micropayments mostly, such skins cost about 4 bucks real, but they are breathtaking.

Posted: Feb 12th 2009 11:13AM Scarecrowe said

Well Second Life isn't really a game as I envision it so it holds no interest for me. Since STO *is* a game and one I'm interested in, I would prefer to have as much customization as possible. Not trying to say that's why everyone else is excited about it but it's at least why I am (and also why Second Life doesn't really fit in the comparison from MY viewpoint).

Posted: Feb 9th 2009 3:28PM Kamokazi said

Sorry, my geek instincts won’t allow me to let this one go…

CoH had one of the best early character customizers, but it was not the first to have a such wide array of options. SWG holds this title. The first to have one of the face customizers that would give you 5 ways to customize your cheekbones, and several unique races on top of that…Trandoshans, etc. And then, it even surpasses CoH if you count the wide, wide array of in-game clothing options.

The Stream Team: Vanguard's final week

Posted on Jul 26th 2014 11:00AM

WRUP: This is why we can't have nice things

Posted on Jul 26th 2014 10:00AM