Posted: Feb 6th 2009 9:04AM (Unverified) said

Ah the first space game to interest me since Freelancer and it happens to be an MMO. I'm really excited for this title.

Posted: Feb 6th 2009 9:33AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Sounds like WoW in space. Battlespace? PVP-arena? Achievements? Jesus Christ. This quote pretty much sums it up:

"Yes.‭ ‬PvP will give you experience,‭ ‬special points and reputation that you can use to get access to special loot.‭"

Why are these people so afraid of making something original? Why can't they make something TRULY unique instead of rehashing old tired MMO ideas that sucked in the first place. This game is going to fail. Another failed WoW clone.

Posted: Feb 6th 2009 11:57AM Slob Zombie said

Well why don't you offer some constructive criticism? Instead of complaining about what is, why don't you suggest what could be? And I don't mean "make world PvP meaningful!", I mean actual specifics. Discuss real game mechanics.

I applaud originality too, but I'm not opposed to tried and true features that just work. Tabula Rasa had the ability to easily declare war on other clans, which was neat, and different from the WoW model. But every time I played the game I was thinking "Jesus, where are the battlegrounds? This game would be perfect for that". What can I say, I enjoy the ability to jump into goal-oriented PvP on demand.

Posted: Feb 6th 2009 10:33AM (Unverified) said

Soon‭™‬ is a trademark of Jack Emmert and Cryptic Studios, maaaan. Looks like someone used to play City of Heroes.

(Well, not actually a trademark. A distinctive catchphrase.)

Posted: Feb 6th 2009 10:41AM (Unverified) said

----

Yes, because Blizzard invented all of those things...

They also invented the Internet, spoken language and the wheel...

Posted: Feb 6th 2009 11:55AM (Unverified) said

ROFL...Well said.

Posted: Feb 6th 2009 12:06PM (Unverified) said

Just to clarify from the above, the interviewer phrased the beta question wrong....they're still in in-house alpha right now, 'closed beta' hasn't started yet, much less a 'wider access' one.

Posted: Feb 6th 2009 12:28PM Temploiter said

WoW in space complete with instanced PvP to detract form open PvP. I'll pass, but continue to watch.

Posted: Feb 6th 2009 1:50PM Slob Zombie said

"The danger is that if one form is superior in rewards or playability that it takes away from the other."

It looks like they're aware of that kind of problem and hopefully they have a good solution.

Posted: Feb 6th 2009 2:17PM karnisov said

well hopefully netdevil will get it right. the world needs a good cockpit sci-fi mmo. hopefully it won't be as dry as jumpgate 1.

Posted: Feb 8th 2009 6:04AM (Unverified) said

It will be a nice break from Eve. The graphics look very nice and it seems they have put a lot into making it more exciting than the first game by the same name