Posted: Feb 4th 2009 9:22AM distiler said

It's also up in the Game uk website:

Notice the wording about "players" and "retail box buyers". I suspect both the shuttle and the VIP pass will also be granted to current players, regardless they buy or not the box. Also the new guide probably will be up in the Evelopedia, not just in the box as a paper-guide.

Posted: Feb 4th 2009 9:27AM nevin said

I am on a trial right now but will probably let it expire while I wait for the 60 days free in the retail which is a great offer imo. I've only been playing 2 days so not sure how valuable the rest of the items are.

I may start a new trial timed to start with the retail release so if anyone wants 30 free days...send me a buddy key :)

Posted: Feb 4th 2009 9:34AM distiler said

First! send me your email via ingame at "Disteeler" and I'll send you a buddy trial ^^

Posted: Feb 4th 2009 9:44AM venekor said

Are they really gonna go down this dumb SOE path of giving out special items you can't get through actually playing the game?

Posted: Feb 4th 2009 10:02AM Damn Dirty Ape said

I know SOE has a bad rep, but this has also been done by nearly every other MMO company in some manner or other (usually with collector's editions).

Posted: Feb 4th 2009 10:09AM distiler said

CCP already have done it in the past. They gave everyone a jovian shuttle (they didn't just "give" it, it was a bit of roleplay stuff included, I mean, it was a gift from the jovian race to all other races).
And I think this "gift" shuttle will also be given to anyone, not just to those that buy the box. There is nothing included into EvE without roleplaying stuff.

Also, ships in EvE can be blown out (no "respawn" for ships) so more pew pew!! XDD

Posted: Feb 9th 2009 5:17AM Brendan Drain said

Remember that EVE doesn't have any of that rubbish where items are bound to a certain characters or items are untradeable. Apart from implants that are irretrievable once plugged in, anything you have in EVE can be traded. These new shuttles are something anyone will be able to get their hands on because people will sell them. Where there's a demand, it'll be filled. We'll probably see them changing hands for about 5mil after about a week after the box is released and probably only as a curious collectable.

Additionally, they aren't combat ships and so are mostly cosmetic. I already have a bunch of much more effective cargo ships than this shuttle will be, my blockade runner is faster than a shuttle and can warp while cloaked. And since it's aimed at newbies, I doubt this shuttle will have over 500-1000m3 of cargo space.