Posted: Feb 2nd 2009 9:05PM Ergonomic Cat said

We have all sorts of clothes for women!

Bikinis, two pieces, one pieces, lingerie, and tube tops!

I was hoping they would at least have different suits of armor, not just skins on each....

Posted: Feb 2nd 2009 11:28PM (Unverified) said

Ah, actually they have many many different sets of armor - and none look alike. You should see the detail on the plate armors; they're better any MMO or single playing RPG out so far.

I don't know where you get your misinformation from ..

Posted: Feb 2nd 2009 9:20PM Valentina said

they do have different suits of armor, this is just a small example.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2009 9:45PM (Unverified) said

The diversity is pretty astounding. If you like the more clad I have some great ss's of my cleric. ;3 ...actually I can't find something skimpy for the life of me with better stats, at least for the time being.

Man with the NA Aion site would get updated more frequently.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2009 10:09PM Cendres said

If you wear cloth or leather and are playing a female avatar expect to be rather alluring. If that's not your style play a male avatar and quit biatching.

The amount of people who actually complain about skin being visible in fantasy games is astounding.

I love these armors, so shiny. ^^

Posted: Feb 3rd 2009 11:11AM Sephirah said

Hmm, maybe they complain because even if it's Fantasy, a nice cleavage doesn't reduce the chance that an axe cut your head from the body? Or because reinforce the stereotype that "MMO player = nerd who never saw a real woman naked" and it's used as a lure for those players?

Posted: Feb 3rd 2009 4:21AM nevin said

I think calling the clothing in the main picture armour is stretching the definition somewhat.
I think it's great they have such great diversity of clothing though but I hope the stats reflect the actual protection they provide.
"Wicked Bikini of the Thong - +4000 Armour, +90 chance to stun against male opponents"

The former stat completely ridiculous but the latter, completely believable :)

Posted: Feb 3rd 2009 10:40AM (Unverified) said

I love MMO logic. What's the point of female characters if they have armor all over them? I'll tell you - none! And who cares about the fact that one piece of armor seems to be covering nothing yet giving double the armor of one which covers a lot more?

Liked that they realize the importance of armor, and specifically the look of it. Hopefully all armor will be quite as gorgeous and fit at least decently well together, nothing quite as tiresome as getting new shoulderpads that are red, wearing a green chestpiece, blue boots etc. I even used worse armor in WoW just because I so disliked having to see my character look so fucking ugly.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2009 11:35AM Cendres said

I think people complaining about a cleavage reinforces the fact that MMO players are nerds without a life or a girlfriend. Or maybe it's just an NA thing, I swear I don't see this nearly as much in EU communities. Ever played Ryzom? See what the french think about armor design. XD

It's not fantasy-reality, it's plain fantasy. Lots of western games have boring realism in armor choices, EQ2 and LotrO for example. Nothing skimpy and it's great, but so is a little skin splurge like what we see here.

@ Estrid I think NCsoft is hiring a new NA community manager, for now I'd bookmark the EU site which got an update today.

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny