Posted: Jan 31st 2009 12:59PM (Unverified) said

Erling Ellingsen is a failure... He is the main reason I cancelled my AOC account because every word he says is a lie... I would have thought Funcom would have fired that idiot many months ago, but they haven't...

That guy lied to the player base multiple times, I can't believe he still works for him...

Failcom...

Posted: Jan 31st 2009 1:19PM Idle said

Adding in more content based directly on lore will be awesome. It'll be neat to see stories from the books come alive in the game.

The frost giant's daughter they showed is from one of the best. It's pretty exciting.

It looks like they're moving a bit beyond the major bug fixes and rounding out the world more.

I still play occasionally and my last bout back in December was very neat. I'll try it again in a while to see what's going on.

Posted: Jan 31st 2009 1:26PM Slob Zombie said

Who cares about him? The new director is important guy and I like the cut of his jib. Show me what you got, AoC.

Posted: Jan 31st 2009 2:50PM Nadril said

Holy crap, Elingsen still works for them? :/

Posted: Jan 31st 2009 3:35PM phobic99 said

I had to stop the video as soon as Erling showed up. Childish? Perhaps but that guy just irritates me too much.

Posted: Jan 31st 2009 4:56PM Softserve said

I don't really blame Erling specifically for these issues, as much as Funcom as a whole. The guy is a good presenter, I'm sure it's why they continue to use them.

At least now they're getting better and better at backing up what he says. Age of Conan should have been like this at the start... I certainly feel like that was what I was promised. But that said, I'm glad they're fulfilling their obligations instead of just dropping it like a cold fish.

I'm sure I'll give it another shot in the coming months. I would like to see some of this DX10 stuff in person, finally.

Posted: Jan 31st 2009 6:15PM J Brad Hicks said

How do you say "Stay the course" in Finnish?

Posted: Feb 2nd 2009 1:52AM (Unverified) said

OMG. I was one of the hundreds of thousands that canceled, but I came back. the game is a lot better! The servers were merged, so you can find people again. I love the combat and fast paced. the sieges are worthwhile, but seriously, seeing Erling made me want to just quit again.

the fact that they would not fire that a-hole is just unbelievable.

he is the liar in chief.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2009 4:00AM (Unverified) said

seems funcom still did not got the point? clear text: its somehow okay to have a buggy game but its an hug error to let the marketing hype turn into a balant lie.

Why should i belive just one single word of this Ellingsen guy? No way.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2009 4:10AM (Unverified) said

You can't polish a turd.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2009 11:47AM (Unverified) said

It was a er....sort of fun game, but as me and my friends are prone to do we capped way faster than the majority of people. What we found at the end game were incredible game breaking bugs and huge pvp class imbalances. We even tried numerous raids only to have bosses completely reset themselves while your half way through fights (or just randomly heal to full for no reason, sometimes after a "killing blow"). Then once you finally managed to work past the bugs and kill something the loot was about the same as you get off low level mobs a couple levels below you.
That and the fact my characters armor and gear looked EXACTLY the same for 95% of his leveling career. Only ended up getting something interesting looking in oasis which is about the last zone you level in.
As far as the common mmo carrot before the horse model, they failed, hugely.

The Stream Team: Where the WildStar things are