Posted: Jan 30th 2009 4:09PM Softserve said

Runes of Magic is the first RMT MMORPG I've played that I was surprised didn't have a fee. It does so many things almost as well as subscription-based MMORPGs that it's almost astounding. I don't feel that it's as good as ones I'd pay monthly for, but it's definitely beyond other similar titles I've played.

Definitely worth messing around with. It kind of wears its influences on its sleeve (there's quite a bit in there that's overly similar to WoW...) but I got over it pretty quickly.

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 4:32PM Softserve said

I do have to say that their patching process is terrible, though. If you're trying to do anything else during the process, it's just a pain in the butt. It brings up a separate patching dialog box every minute or so that takes focus.

I hope they find a better method for that.

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 4:41PM (Unverified) said

"On Taborea PvP is "open". That means there are only a few limitations on who can be attacked and who can not. "

Pass. You will not have a crafting community in a pvp-gankfest game.

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 5:09PM Softserve said

There are PvE servers for the game where this isn't quite true:

"Please Note: On the PvE (Player vs. Environment) server PvP is only possible in duels and when both players have flagged themselves "PK". Also the rules below do not affect players on PvE servers. "

Posted: Jan 31st 2009 10:31AM Rollins said

Old UO/UO free servers and EVE say hi.

Hell, it's the games with open PvP resulting in item loss that seem to have the strongest crafting communities, in my experience.

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 6:08PM Holgranth said

I said it once and I'll say it again it would be better if it was a game with a small f2p content section and a larger p2p section because RMT item malls are Bullshit......

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 8:59PM (Unverified) said

While this game does have a great crafting system it isn't, as the author puts it, "limitless". At each rank you get fewer options on how many crafting/gathering spheres you can continue with to the point where you can only master either one crafting or one gathering profession. This Shawn user has made numerious eroneous posts in the past several weeks that is making me respect this site far less. He needs to get his facts straight before atempting to speak about them before users simply use other sites to get news instead of hearing people spew something out just to try to get a story or fill a quota.

Posted: Jan 31st 2009 6:25AM Greeen said

RoM seems to do in a way what everyone bitched regarding WoW - "stealing" things from other MMOs. And why not? It worked for WoW. The crafting process reminds me more of EQ2 system, you can gather whatever, not only 1 or 2 things. You craft at stations.
(but it is not combat like?)

On a side note: I only tested a few times, but never had a problem with the patching process.

WRUP: Oversaturation