Posted: Jan 30th 2009 8:26AM (Unverified) said

awesome :)
will probably try both, and end up levelling a choppa as an alt.

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 8:35AM (Unverified) said

Neither....both are just your run-of-the-mill dps classes. I mean their "special" mechanic of building up "rage" as they continue to fight has been done time and time again. I'll stick to my warrior priest...now that's a unique class.

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 8:47AM (Unverified) said

Gotrek for President!

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 9:23AM (Unverified) said

Love DPS class + love Warhammer Orc = CHOPPA!!!

(Note: I am known to have bad altitis so could have both)

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 10:04AM Holgranth said

Reactivated account last night an am still a bit unimpressed, BUT there HAVE been some MASSIVE improvemnts made over the crappy experience I had with the release. It is still miles away from Wrath of The Litch King quality but what the hell I'm getting a Slayer to rank 40 and seeing how the live event plays out THEN making a decision.

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 10:26AM (Unverified) said

I'd say one of the reasons it's miles away from WoTLK quality would be that it's been out 5 months, and WoW has been out more than three years.

Sorry, it just annoys me when people claim "it's not as polished as wow".....well, duh.....

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 11:10AM (Unverified) said

So, by that logic, I could come out with my own Fessmobile car, with an engine that gets 3mpg, seats made out of wood, no doors, and brakes that might work 30% of the time if your going downhill...

...and I can compare it effectively to a 2004 Toyota Camry, and if anyone bitches about how my car is in comparison to established alternatives, I'll just tell those noobs to STFU because my car is brand new and not as polished.

That stupid, tired argument falls flat when compared to ANY other product you pay your hard-earned money for. Name one other product, other than MMOs, that you purchase nowdays under the (often in vain) hope that it will get better the longer you have it.

An MMO coming out NOW, gets compared to other MMOs out NOW, not other MMOs 3-4 years ago. That argument is just dumb. Don't be dumb. Please.

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 11:43AM Holgranth said

@ Fess I like the Fessmobile anology there.

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 3:21PM (Unverified) said

Fess, under that logic, your car isn't comparible to a Camery, considering the amount of revenue you've recivied to improve it and the time table you've had to implement them. Just like WoW to WAR.

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 10:37AM Jesspiper said

Your English Cockney and Broad Scots needs work ;)

Not that I play WAR, but if I did I'd choose the Slayer.

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 4:29PM Softserve said

I know a lot of people love the PvP in this game, so maybe this is an odd stance to take... But I'd choose the Slayer simply because I feel no real connection to what the Greenskins do. I just don't care about their goals or background enough to want to play one for long.

Dwarves on the other hand are pretty cool in the game.

Just my opinion, though.

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 6:10PM LaughingTarget said

I'll try a Slayer after the initial rush to play them wears out. Until then, I'll protect their squishy selves with my Ironbreaker.

Posted: Jan 30th 2009 8:36PM (Unverified) said

@ Fess - JP is correct is understanding what i meant. A product that has more than three years of active development time, and maybe a year an a half more of closed development - that product's latest iteration will be superior in quality to most new products out there simply because of the time, experience and revenue they've got to improve it.

As for naming another product, basically any piece of software can be expected to improve over its lifetime. That's the basis for how software works.