Posted: Jan 29th 2009 11:42AM Mabuti said

Interesting.

I would like to see them focus on improving the ORvR so I hope that they will do this even with these "Live" events.

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 11:45AM (Unverified) said

This freaking ROCKS! As long is they can keep up with general tweaks to bug fixes and class balances, these events will be spectacular. I for one...will be rolling a Slayer as an alt to my Archmage

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 11:58AM Holgranth said

Looks like the aggressive development will continue.... AWSOME!

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 12:31PM Boruk said

I have been trying to get the Fileplanet trial download to work for a couple of weeks now and it is corrupted everytime.

Fixing that might help get a few new players if they can actually TRY the game before buying it. The game sounds fun (even for a person that only likes small PvP) but it is kind of hard to tell if I can't PLAY it.

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 12:31PM Idle said

You'll be surprised at how much your opinion of PvP will change once you get into this game. Over all, it's very sound, both conceptually and mechanically, and a whole lot of fun. They're still tweaking things and making changes to adjust based on player experience, as well.

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 12:52PM Boruk said

@Mighty

Okay you convinced me to try the download one more time to see if MAYBE it works....then I'll try it out and maybe come hunt you down )p

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 12:22PM Idle said

I'm excited. They seem to be very committed to growing and improving the game and doing it as quickly as possible. I'm not used to playing a game where they fix, patch, tweak, and add content as quickly as they do.

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 3:41PM TheJackman said

The client on fileplanet does not work there is no reason to try get it over and over again!

Try:

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 3:52PM (Unverified) said

Use the fileplanet download manager. You can stop/start the download anytime you like.

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 4:22PM (Unverified) said

"I bought it for a care bear friend of mine at Christmas along with a three month game card to guilt him into playing so he wouldn't hurt my feelings by not using my gift. 8) He had refused to play because he hated PvP and was enjoying his Nelf Druid in WoW.

Now I can't keep him out of open RvR. It's all he wants to do through the first three tiers."

Thats because unfortunately as it stands right now the RvR in WAR is basically PVE.

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 8:38PM (Unverified) said

That's not completely true - sure, BOs get traded left and right, but (on my server at least) we regularly have to attack keeps that are well-defended in tiers 2 & 3. It's somewhat rare to find a undefended keep now.

One Shots: Grim Raider