Posted: Jan 29th 2009 5:16PM Arkanaloth said

pity EVE is so heavly PVP centric or I'd give it a spin...

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 6:34PM Graill440 said

It's not pvp in EVE at all... you should really give it a spin, the only drawback is the actual PSVP in EVE pronounced "PLAYER(S) verse player".

I seriously do not think EVE players or their devs actually knows what PVP is...or rollercoster flight...or jacked weapons physics...but i digress. Go have fun!!

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 6:09PM (Unverified) said

Wow! Each new piece of info the developers pour is full of great new dynamics. Hope it adapts well to the current game!

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 8:16PM (Unverified) said

Interesting take on EVE PVP...

@Arkanaloth
There's plenty of non PVP orientated things in EVE many players play it for its dynamic and realistic market or grind missions or produce ships or mine ore. Hell Chribba mines Veldspar (lowest ore) just for relaxation.

@Graill
EVE PVP is more realistic than any other game on the market imo. Its totally open and your losses are real. There's no "getting your stuff back" after you die and for many players that's a huge draw. Every pirate hopes to make someone emoragequit at some point in their pirate career. There is a problem with a lack of 1v1 battles, but with low sec becoming more profitable now I think there will be a lot more of it also I see T3 ships easily handling 5 player enemies if set up right and if conditions are optimally set.

ENN has covered this and the last dev blog on Wormholes extensively. I rounded up all the info on wormholes in my article, http://www.eve-news.net/2009/01/446 I went through all the comments and added Dev answers to my article so it has the most complete picture of what we currently know of wormholes

Posted: Jan 31st 2009 1:33PM (Unverified) said

This is good news. I hope the Sleepers aren't humans, the game needs an alien influence. Ok, so the human factions may have missed alien tech based lifeforms by millions / billions of years in the area of New Eden, but the concept of other intelligent life being out there, and met through wormholes, adds a very cool element to this game. In space, you can only moan about there being no aliens.