Posted: Jan 28th 2009 8:32AM Idle said

Another melee dps class would be nice for Order. We seem to rely heavily on the squishy dps side of things. We tend to get rolled when the other side is packed full of melee.

The KotBS helped a great deal when it was released. Before they came around, it was common to see a whole team of Order squishies up against a relatively balanced destro team. Those didn't end well.

Speaking from the perspective of my server, of course. It may be different elsewhere.

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 9:19AM (Unverified) said

Well, there's a little more info now. On the herald, in there "WAR takes a bite of the big apple" info was this -

"Saturday you can catch a very entertaining presentation by Jeff and Paul (lots of new info about Call to Arms, Bitter Rivals, and the new careers), "

I'm assuming "Call to Arms" is the dominance system for RvR and "bitter rivals" I'm interested in seeing.

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 9:25AM J Brad Hicks said

I'm not all that interested in playing a Slayer or a Choppa, melee classes aren't really my thing. I suspect I'm going to be as annoyed that they're doing to Valentine's Day what they did to Christmas, namely spewing out another hate-filled attack on the holiday. No, you know what I'm looking forward to tomorrow? Finding out how *ambitious* their development schedule is, because that'll be the first meaningful clue we'll have gotten since the game shipped as to whether or not Electronic Arts and Mythic are committed to continuing to develop and expand the game in a way that will maintain subscribers and generate interest in potential new subscribers. That's what's important to me.

Other than that, I'm merely curious. When do they think they're going to release a redesign of the Fortress encounters? When are the other four capital cities coming out? When are tiers 2, 3, and 4 getting revised Easy-difficulty Public Quests? When is the next major balancing pass over the character classes? Are they planning any further nerfs to crowd control, and do they have any idea when? Why are there three tier 4 scenarios that are offered on the menus that have never, ever popped for players, and when will those be fixed and made available? But those are all merely interesting questions, to me; what I really want to know is are they laying off developers, or continuing to develop at the pace they have been.

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 10:33AM Holgranth said

Pretty much said everything for me there, I am hinging things a bit more on how the Dwarf slayer is implemented because I like Melee classes and LOVE the slayer lore.

More importantly though is how they are going to proceed with developing the game? Are they going to continue with the fast paced releases or is it going to slow down because of staff cuts? Those are the big things I'm hoping will be answered somewhat tomorrow.......

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 12:19PM (Unverified) said

A hate filled attack on the holiday? lol. Come on man. It's a pretend world, so they make pretend holidays around the ones in RL to gain some attetion. Keg's end was no slight on Christmas.

It's not like they have the "kill the baby Jesus" event around Christmas. Keg's end is so far from anything representitive of Christmas OTHER then being "around the same time as it IRL". It's far fetched, and it's awesome how they immerse the lore of the IP into their holiday events.

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 9:43AM Holgranth said

For me tomorrow is either the day I either give WAR another chance or roll my eyes at Mark Jacobs and go back to WoW or possibly redownload EVE......

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 9:56AM (Unverified) said

I agree with Infamous Brad and sympathize with Holgar. I'm enjoying the game more than any MMO I've played before. But I'm about twice as frustrated with WAR as I've ever been with a game. Most of my frustration stems from how poorly they've implemented the Zealot.

I'll probably take a break from it when JGE or Aion launch if WAR continues to be so broken. Maybe it'll be less frustrating a year from now.

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 11:47AM (Unverified) said

Bitter Rivals sounds as though it may be an event to introduce the new Choppa and Slayer classes (like they had a Heavy Metal event for the new tanks last year)

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 11:55AM (Unverified) said

I really couldnt get into war till I tried a desciple of Kaine past level 9. My hope is the new classes will have a similar draw to other players. I have always wanted to play a slayer, hell when I heard the game was coming out that was the first thing I thought of. This will also add some much needed melee to order side and probably flesh the numbers out on the few servers that still suffer an imbalance. Anyone that has ever read Gotrek and Felix series loves Slayers =P
I am also hopeful that this will mean more lower level toons to run with in the scenarios, my dok seems pretty much stuck soloing in his 20s, which is easy but boring.

P.s. valentines day was invented by hallmark, it is not a actual holiday that you should get worked up about them "desecrating"

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 1:29PM J Brad Hicks said

... because nothing says "Christmas" like staying drunk for several straight weeks and looking for opportunities to insult people. Just like nothing says "Valentine's Day" like send Dark Elven priests and priestesses out into the streets at night looking for human sacrifice victims. Come on, seriously: is the Warhammer world the only human culture we've ever even hypothesized that doesn't have any kind of a winter solstice celebration, even during wartime, and are we seriously saying that the only coming-of-spring celebration in the Warhammer world is about sacrificing innocent kidnapping victims to the god of murder?

You know what? There's "dark humor," and then there's, "you know everything you like in this world? how about we urinate all over it to show you just how much contempt we have for you and everybody else like you." So far, Mythic's holiday events are getting pretty deep into the latter territory.

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 3:30PM (Unverified) said

Except there is a coming of spring event.
Death Night is an Dark Elf thing exclusively, and more likely to keep in tone than some kind of spring event, which is unlikely to fit in with the mood WAR goes for.
They're keeping to Warhammer Calender events, not real events that slighlty changing them.

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 1:40PM (Unverified) said

I dunno Infamous that sounds an awful lot like my Christmas.

You're putting Mythic in a no-win situation. Either they're faithful to the lore (to an extent at least) with a holiday event or they're 'demeaning' towards the real holiday. Not to mention you are off your rocker if a dark humor joke in a video game affects your enjoyment of the holidays.

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 1:55PM (Unverified) said

@Brad

Are you daft, or just unable to understand that

KEG'S END IS NOT CHRISTMAS

There was nothing to make it seem like it was. It was released AROUND THE SAME TIME so that it could be presented when all the other holiday shit is produced. It was, IN NO WAY, representitive of Christmas.

Stop being ignorant to that fact to push your personal agenda out there.

As far as V-day, BFD. V-day isn't religous, so QQing about that just makes you look petty.

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 6:41AM (Unverified) said

"Logo said...

I dunno Infamous that sounds an awful lot like my Christmas."

Lol!

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 11:47PM (Unverified) said

Actually, if you'd read the little background blurb for Keg End, you'd know that it was an event to celebrate the new year - which makes it mighty appropriate.

Besides - it's all just a bit of fun. You know, *fun*?

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014