Posted: Jan 28th 2009 12:16PM MrGutts said

You guys are slacking, this is yesterdays afternoon news. :)

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 12:16PM (Unverified) said

DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 2:14PM nomoredroids said

Yeah; its just too bad that after you download everything you can't get into the game. :-( Been wanting to play LotRO for ages, and now that I get my chance the stupid thing is broken.

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 5:03PM Mr Angry said

Seriously if there is anyone left who hasn't played this game yet, or at least seen it, jump on it right away!

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 8:31PM TheJackman said

I still not played it :( Better start... downloading trail client :D

Posted: Jan 28th 2009 10:24PM Slob Zombie said

I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually get a code to create a trial account. Got the game installed and everything.

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 5:11AM (Unverified) said

In the UK you have to visit the Codemasters Online Gaming site and register there. Is there not a similar link to Turbine's site (or whoever runs their "biz" side) on the installer?

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 7:37AM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

Fine, you can download the game, but can't register an account.

Session timed out as soon as you try to enter a forum user name.

If you then take the option they give you and "click here" you are taken to the page with a product key required.

Can anyone say "Epic Fail"

If this is a sample of the QA of LoTRO meh, forget it, I will stick to games that test their trials.

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 12:54PM (Unverified) said

Epic Fail? nah... just a fail. Plus, they supposedely already fixed the problem anyway, so at least that was fixed quickly.

No, its not a sample of LoTRO QA; if anything, its a sample of Turbine's marketing for this game, which has been terrible. (though it has improved a little as of late)

So you go play those other 'tested trials', and ill stick with the best MMO on the market. :)

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 3:43PM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

I wish it was fixed. There is still no way to register an account using the supplied trial registration webpage (See this screenshot)

No matter what order you try the page times out immediately as soon as you click out of the Forum Name field.

Clicking the "click here" takes you to the standard product key required page.

Great trial and great way to try and win over new customers. LOL

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 8:46AM (Unverified) said

Yeah Trial Keys are still broken, now you enter your info in the installer, it forwards you to the trial website, and does nothing. No e-mail, tried 3 different ones and no key. And Yes I checked my Spam folders.

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 9:02AM (Unverified) said

That sucks.

Turbine aren't doing themselves any favours with that and it's a shame, as LOTRO is ace. To bad they can't get the bloody trial thing to work...!

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 11:50AM (Unverified) said

To all the people have problems registering, they should have fixed the problem so try again and you should be good. If you still cant get a key, post in here so I can pass it on to the devs on the official forums that people are still having problems.

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 12:34PM (Unverified) said

I had a look on the LOTRO forums for any comments but didn't see any (although it was only a fleeting visit) but it's good to hear it's - hopefully - sorted.

Anybody had any luck?

Posted: Jan 29th 2009 5:13PM (Unverified) said

I'm still having the same problem that Jay described. I try to create an account but get "...the page times out immediately as soon as you click out of the Forum Name field." and "Clicking the "click here" takes you to the standard product key required page".

So no success for me so far...