Posted: Jan 26th 2009 4:13PM karnisov said

lots of nice new content on the way, EVE is starting to morph from a decent game into a very interesting game.

Posted: Jan 26th 2009 4:15PM Darkdust said

Very very very excited about this. Looking forward to the chance of getting lost "out there" and bouncing from one wormhole system to another.

Posted: Jan 26th 2009 7:37PM motorun said

Something like this will make me re sub. I loved the PvP action but doing it every night got old for me. Hard core exploration sounds like a great addition. Find a system or two and sell the info, fight for the systems, or hand them out for political gain. Great potential for scamming as well ...gonna be fun.

Posted: Jan 27th 2009 8:02AM (Unverified) said

Exploration, the best thing about virtual worlds in my book. I am really looking forward to this EvE expansion, top stuff from CCP :)

Posted: Jan 27th 2009 2:55PM Brendan Drain said

I am so damn excited about wormholes. This is going to be awesome.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2009 7:53AM (Unverified) said

Hmmmmm....
I love the idea of the expanded Exploration / Salvage / Arc opportunities.
I just hope that CCP dont end up just transferring all the PvP players (via WormHole) from an over-crowded Universe into a soon to be "over-crowded" PvP Uni ;)

I would imagine one of the reasons for the Alt Universe is to allow the expansion of the EVE Uni, allowing more players online at any one time, as well as reducing LAG in some of the more over populated systems... but it also provides more depth and scope to the game.
Hopefully, they wont make it too easy to "whizz through a WH, do a bit of salvaging and whizz back for "tea & toast" before the days out!

I read the developers blog about them making the "probe" hardware and skills easier to use.... ie: allows more people to transfer / access the new empty servers erm... i mean alternative Universes.

I just hope that they make it dangerous enough, that you wouldnt want to venture in there without some serious science based skill learning or some one along with you that has. That way, those EVE characters that have invested time and money developing explorer / scout skills wont be nerved by a simplified system to allow more "PvPs" or "carebears" in to the new Universe.
But some how i doubt that... i hope i am wrong, but imagine a lot of simplification of the probe scanning and explorations skills are being dumbed down, to allow more people through into the empty "servers" erm Universe!