Posted: Jan 24th 2009 8:47AM TheJackman said

Playing WoW this happened to me so many times mostly him moving realm and like I do not have a credit card (and not be able to use the blizzard realm move thing) I did always end up level a new toon on that realm he move too! 5 times over I got pretty sick of it all and quit the game.

Also the alt problem hit me many times what if your help your friend get to level 70(well 80 now) and in place that he use his time to gear his butt up and get ready for some end game he get bored of his toon and start making alts and so on :(

Posted: Jan 24th 2009 9:04AM (Unverified) said

well, i am lucky,dont have any friends. quiet easy for me! stick to the game i want to.,. i would leave although if they did...

Posted: Jan 25th 2009 8:20AM Tom in VA said

This is so NOT an issue for me. I PUG/solo my way through MMOs as far as I can go, have a great time doing it, and make few to no friends in-game as a result.

A lot of people enjoy the "social" aspect of MMOs, but I get my "social" in other (more satisfying) venues than in some virtual-world, online game.

Posted: Jan 25th 2009 8:26AM Tom in VA said

Some odd Massively forum glitch cause me to (sort of) double post. Sry about that!

Posted: Jan 24th 2009 12:18PM Tom in VA said

This is so NOT an issue for me. I PUG/solo my way through MMOs as far as I can go, have a great time doing it, and make few to no friends in-game.

A lot of people greatly enjoy the "social" aspect of MMOs, but I get my "social" in other (more satisfying) venues than in some virtual-world, online game. To me, the other players in an MMO are primarily there to help me accomplish my quest goals in an entertaining way. Once a group quest or instance is completed, I am basically a "k thanx cya bye" sort of player. ;)

Posted: Jan 24th 2009 12:24PM (Unverified) said

Having played COH pretty much since launch, I've seen many people come and go. I also lost some friends when the Europeens I played with regularly were migrated there.

I stuck around because I love the game too much. Furthermore, it's nice to see friends come back, even if it's just for the free weekends. For them as well, since they know they always have someone they can team with.

Posted: Jan 24th 2009 12:45PM Holgranth said

You were playing with Europeens? Are they like Europeans with huge E-peens? Or dudes that play on the can or what?

Posted: Jan 24th 2009 12:49PM (Unverified) said

It's saturday morning, I was playing till 4am for double-xp weekend, and I'm sorely undercaffeinated. :P

Posted: Jan 24th 2009 2:51PM (Unverified) said

My tiny band of core guildmates has gone from CoH to WoW to (3 of us at least) WAR. There's a larger cloud of guildmates stuck on WoW that I enjoy. But the inner core of our group tends to be stable. Currently WoW is home base. I'm usually the one to try new games. I've just about given up on WoW but have a token priest there still. I'm actively trying to find a new game to get the entire core membership to try. They don't like WAR, which is troubled anyway. New home base will likely be Star Wars The Old Republic, or somewhat less likely Star Trek Online depending on which comes out first and which catches their fancy.

Posted: Jan 24th 2009 3:23PM TheJackman said

You need to be less quick about what you select as you next game both Star Trek Online and Star Wars The Old Republic do only have screen shots and a lot of talk to hype it up but we not seen anything with the UI in it or the basic combat controls so this games can become the next Warhammer online or even the next Age of Conan anyway they also can turn out to be the next WoW! Anyway the point of all of this is wait till you see more real gameplay videos its also smart to wait at less a month till after they bring it on the market and read there forums.... if its locked or they is no forum you may can find some blogs to read and after you process all that info there go buy it!!!

Posted: Jan 24th 2009 3:51PM Pingles said

My online friends of 10+ years jump very quickly into games. I am usually late to the party and twice they have jumped again and left me happily behind, exploring an MMO world on my own.

Since then I have solo'd in two more MMOs (currently CoH) and just keep in-touch with my friends with other online resources (forums, etc.).

Posted: Jan 25th 2009 1:20AM (Unverified) said

This is what I was faced with after two years playing Final Fantasy XI. I'd met all my friends there in game so when they all up and moved on I decided to hang out with my RL friends in WoW. I quickly found WoW is not my MMO. I miss the challenge of XI, the community, the atmosphere. Since having left, I've always had this sensation of being somewhere I don't belong. I've tried going back a handful of times but when you don't know anyone, especially in a game that's notoriously difficult to solo, it's just rubbing salt in old wounds.

These days I have a casual new home in Eve, and while I haven't many close friends there, Corp chat provides familiar faces when the few buddies I have aren't around.

Posted: Jan 25th 2009 5:46AM ultimateq said

What game is that in the pic?

Posted: Jan 25th 2009 9:06AM Krystalle Voecks said

Lord of the Rings Online. If you click on the picture it will take you back to the original post it's from. :)

Posted: Jan 25th 2009 6:41PM ultimateq said

I didn't recognize it. And for some reason I didn't get an email from your reply :( It makes me a sad panda.

Posted: Jan 25th 2009 8:47AM (Unverified) said

Very good topic, and one that lies close to my heart.

I'm currently torn between 2 games EQ2 and WAR with friends in both.

Playing MMO with friends(even online ones) are more important to me than the type of game.

The Stream Team: Adios, Elite: Dangerous