Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 2:54PM Kyoji said

I know this isn't very pertinent to the article, but I've recently given Conan a try after a friend threw me a 7-day trial. I must say that I found myself enjoying the game quite a bit, the way it handles melee combat feels like a natural evolution from games like WoW or WAR. And while levels 1-20 were very enjoyable, I'm still having a great time going into lvl 30+. A lot of the hate this game receives I feel is unjustified, and I have to encourage anyone who is interested or at least curious to try the game out.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 3:16PM Slob Zombie said

I've been saying the same thing, man. False marketing, poor dev communication, whatever you want to say bad about it, I'm just having fun playing the game. Yeah the instancing bothers me and that's something so embedded into the foundation of the game that I can't see it ever being "fixed", but I just find myself not caring when I'm actually playing it.

I really feel that news items like this:

are unfairly tainting gamers' interest. Read some of the comments and you'll hear about people unwilling to try the game just because of what they've heard about it. It'll be a shame if this game never lives up to its full potential based solely on early mistakes. Come on everybody, it's time for a sea change, time to cheer this underdog on.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 4:13PM (Unverified) said

I hope Funcom is reading this comment.

Please do a "Come back for a week" trail for all ex-subscribers. I love to see if areas I had problems an dislikes with have cleared up.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 5:43PM Slob Zombie said

I know you'd have to start over, but if you haven't used it yet you could just give yourself a referral and try it for free. That's what I did and I got to see the performance improvements that I was hoping for.

I agree that a come back system or even a full on free trial would be great though.

Posted: Jan 24th 2009 12:09AM (Unverified) said

We are always reading and you can bet things are in the works. :)