Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 4:07PM Keen and Graev said

I wish they would do this for North American players. I want to give the game a try again.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 4:30PM hami83 said

Then just pay 15 bucks to play it for a month, totally worth it.

I still consider this MMO to be better then WoW in every aspect except for PvP (They both suck).
However...All my friends play WoW. :(

Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 4:38PM (Unverified) said

Well.. I am not paying $15 a month for this PVE game when I can pay $15 a month for WAR... If this game was free for north america, I would download the game again just to try it out... but I am not paying money to play this game...

Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 6:56PM (Unverified) said

I agree, why pay for a truly outstanding PvE experience when you can play Warhammer: Age of Repetition.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 5:02PM Boruk said

Good thing I only pay 9.99 a month then....it's a great deal for an even greater PVE game

Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 5:37PM Softserve said

They did this in NA just a few months ago anyway. Twice, just prior to Moria coming out.

If you're never willing to pay money for the game, I doubt they'd care if didn't try it out anyway.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 5:55PM Mr Angry said

People moaning about a free week! hahaha

It's such a seriously good game, really if you are in the UK and have previously played, jump back in without delay. The servers are busy as hell and it's more than just a game, it's a real experience. Read the books at the same time and it's almost a love affair!

Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 7:22PM Boruk said

Finally!

Something Mr Angry is not Angry about )p

Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 9:55PM ultimateq said

Meh its only a free week. If they wanted to get me interested, they'd have to give me a month.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2009 10:23PM (Unverified) said

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss LotRO, so long as you enjoy PvE in general.

I first tried the game about 9 months ago and played it off an on for a few months. I thought it had promise, but didn't have enough classes to choose from and needed a bit more of a fleshed-out way to "spec" your character.

After giving it another shot this week, I'm in love! The Rune-Keeper class is exactly what I wish they'd had all along as it fits my playstyle perfectly. And the new trait system is much more intricate and engaging, with lots of interesting and choices to make with your spec that really make a difference and do more than just augment stats.

I haven't checked out the new zones yet, but I can't wait. Already from what I've seen, the game has truly blossomed and come into its own. I do enjoy WoW quite a bit but I won't be able to put LotRO down anytime soon...

Posted: Jan 24th 2009 1:53AM ultimateq said

I've played lotro quite a bit in the past, I am interested in messing around again, but I'm not going to go through the trouble of re-downloading and patching for 7 days of play.

I've nearly lost interest in most of these fantasy MMOs.

Posted: Jan 24th 2009 12:01AM (Unverified) said

Too bad this isn't for NA, I played the game shortly after launch and just couldn't get into it (was still playing WoW). After recently getting burnout on WAR i'm tempted to reup, but I dont want to waste my money on the game if I will only play it for a week.

Make My MMO: December 21 - 27, 2014