Posted: Jan 19th 2009 1:54PM BaronJuJu said

Interesting aquisition here. So now SOE can offer :

- Online RTS
- TCG's both virtual and hardcopies through Topps (Free Realms)
- MMO's with the themes of sc-fi, fantasy, FPS, Superhero, Spy and Pirates
- Casual games (Cosmic rift, Infantry and tanarus)
- Micro transaction (Free Realms, The Agency) and flat rate sub models for their games
- Possible games on PC as well as PS3

Thats alot of options for one gaming company to offer, plus if they tie it all in the Station Launcher under one feee it will be hard for other companies to compete. If you get bored with fantasy, you can switch to antoher MMO, pla a card game or now play an RTS without having to cancel a sub and switch to another company.

I think we are going to see an interesting turn around for SOE in the coming year or so.

Posted: Jan 19th 2009 2:08PM Stanzig said

If they would just lower the price of the all access pass I think many more people would be interested for $20 perhaps, as well as lowering the costs of buying each title, instead of $50 how about $20? I used to play everquest a lot and also got hooked on planetside, they kinda foobared ps even though it's my favorite game ever... global agenda does look promising, but may lack the massive battles that makes PS stand alone.

They raised the price on the all access pass to $30 iirc, making it cost the same as playing 2 mmo's so it seemed kinda pointless since I didn't have time to play 3 titles and pay $50 for each seperate title.

Posted: Jan 19th 2009 3:31PM karnisov said

PoxNora was kinda fun last time I played it, but I hope SOE doesn't screw the game in the balance area.

Posted: Jan 19th 2009 5:09PM Ghede said

What game balance? PoxNora was horribly unbalanced. They started releasing expansions twice a year, with no cooldown for balance either. They didn't even seem to test for it! They thought nothing odd about releasing a card that is healed by acid, giving it an acid aura, and letting it replicate! They fixed it sure... then immediately released another expansion, and with it a whole new set of imbalances.

Having ultra-rare and ultra-powerful cards available only for a limited time in the store was also a bullshit move. (I'm looking at you harbingers.) Not available in randomized packs, cost hundreds of dollars, and have a whole slew of extremely useful abilities, large range, high speed, and an unblockable damage type.

Posted: Jan 19th 2009 5:43PM karnisov said

well I hadn't played in several months, didn't seem too bad when I played it. SW:TCG by SOE had way worse balance problems. Colonel's Ring anyone? Just one example. To me it was even more of a glaring "don't they even bother to play test these?" moment. I don't think SOE takes it very seriously, maybe they are using it as another shaky leg to prop up SWG.

Posted: Jan 20th 2009 12:14AM (Unverified) said

maybe they are using it as another shaky leg to prop up SWG. - ethereal.wolf

What on Earth does this have to do with SWG? You vets, sometimes.....

Posted: Jan 20th 2009 12:54PM karnisov said

sorry, i was referring to the SW TCG that SOE has now.