Posted: Jan 13th 2009 5:44PM Aen said

HAHAHAH, i subscribe to these through RSS feeds...

Advertisment on this article.. GAY BEAR DATING.
Took a screenshot :P
Wonder if they prescreen there adverts?? :P

Posted: Jan 13th 2009 6:05PM (Unverified) said

Looks like an interesting mmo. However it looks to kiddy to me, and I put up with wow's graphics.

Posted: Jan 13th 2009 7:55PM (Unverified) said

Wow. I'm impressed with how much thought is apparently going into this game. Looks like it'll be a lot of fun to play with my son when he's a bit older.

Posted: Jan 14th 2009 12:57PM BaronJuJu said

Wow, that is alot of customization and options available for a game to launch with. I see this giving games like Wizards101 a run for its money for the younger gamer market. Ultimately I think Free Realms will win from what I just saw. There are just too many options to change things to the way you want that kids are going to eat up.

In my opinion, this is going to be alot bigger hit than most think on the general MMO scene.

Posted: Jan 14th 2009 3:06PM (Unverified) said

I think if it was a little less kiddy they would have a really good MMO with all the ideas packed in from other games ect it could really carve a niche into the mmo market, I dont see it taking off just due to it's kiddyness really.

Posted: Jan 14th 2009 8:53PM J Brad Hicks said

One of the things that's fascinating me about this game is how much of the underlying design overlaps with Sony's other MMO in development, The Agency: levelless, multiple equipment load-outs that change your character class when you switch between them, stat bonuses and equipment unlocks earned via separate XP sub-systems, non-combat mini-games in the shared-world space, all combat in instances, instance unlocks earned via missions. The similarities are strong enough to make me wonder if they're using the same back-end for both, which would be smart, if true. And in both cases, they've chosen to build the client user interface up from something easy to customize, easy to generate new artwork for, and already proven to be scalable to a wide variety of hardware: Flash-based Free Realms, Unreal3-based The Agency. Sony may be smartening up.

Posted: Jan 15th 2009 9:04PM (Unverified) said

If they market it well, this game will be a license to print money for SOE. I can't imagine how any child who is currently interested in younger MMOs would not enjoy what this game has to offer. Moreover, the mechanics and presentation seem to be extremely well thought out and somewhat deep. Just like the best Disney films of old (or Pixar's contemporary masterpieces) this game ought to appeal to parents as well. I just hope SOE gets news about this game to the right audience: get an interview on the Today show, articles/ads in parenting magazines, hell even an Oprah endorsement.