Posted: Jan 12th 2009 8:09AM Minofan said

I have taken advantage of a few to try and get my brother interested in games, and send one or two out to friends.

I've never had a friend actually been persuaded by a trial though - or even get so far as downloading a client & patching it up to my knwoledge ; MMOs are very much a love-or-hate genre in my experience, and even people who do love them are usually committed to the games they're already playing.

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 8:26AM (Unverified) said

My friends either know their MMOs or really don't need ya timesink.

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 8:27AM DaBruuzer said

Actually, a good friend of mine got me hooked on WAR because of the Recruit-a-Friend program they just came out with.

I had been floating in MMO-burnout space for a while, after years of CoX, and I really disliked the fantasy genre. I played WoW for a month a few years back and absolutely hated it. But WAR has been great, mostly due to the Open RvR game and a great community (at least on the Order side).

So yes, in this case, I used the Recruit-a-Friend program the other way around for once. I have been the sender in the past, this time I was the receiver.

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 9:37AM (Unverified) said

I've sent them, but none have ever turned out to grab the people. If one of my friends is into MMOs, we're usually talking about buying and playing together.

Most of my recruit-a-friend are conversations where the person seems genuially interested in the genre, and I send a trial. So far... no bites :(

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 11:17AM Evy said

I wish I could. My friends are either already playing or not interested. There's not much in-between. My brother stopped playing WoW for a while due to time constraints, but he hasn't been unsubscribed long enough to nab any rewards for reinviting him.

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 12:36PM ultimateq said

Yes I did. I recruited my brother and his wife. I leveled a total of 7 characters to 60 between the 3 accounts.

2 Mage, 1 Shaman, 1 Priest, 1 Warlock, 1 Hunter, and I level granted a Paladin. Was hard to pick between the paladin and rogue.

Took about a week of work per set of characters. Did it 2x total. First set I leveled up my brothers Warlock and my Mage. Second set, I got his wife in the game; I leveled her Mage, his Hunter, My Priest. Somewhere during all of this I also level granted my Shaman from 50-something to 60. After the second set of characters I also level granted a Paladin from 1-60.

4 Characters on my account, 2 on my brother's, 1 on his wife's.

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 5:19PM (Unverified) said

I would if i had friends

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 7:16PM mko said

I couldn't. Wow Europe Recruit a friend program was not availble where I live.

Posted: Jan 13th 2009 12:56PM (Unverified) said

likewise for me.

I would love to take advantage of it, especially because of the mount, but also the triple xp.

However, some EU countries, including the one I live in, have rules against such "encouragement to send unsolicited advertising".

Therefore, I find myself in the position of being handicapped compared to other people on my server, when it comes to the mount achievements.

Posted: Jan 14th 2009 12:07AM (Unverified) said

I did, actually. I recruitred my girlfriend, and she loves her druid.

Leveling is a lot easier with recruit-a-friend. I leveled a paladin with her until level 30, then I leveled a shaman to 15 and she level granted him to 30 too.

So far, it has been working like a charm. We've started questing in stranglethorn vale this evening, and I got 4 levels out of it! (including one granted)

The Recruit-a-friend program is definitely worth it.