Posted: Jan 12th 2009 1:31PM MrGutts said

So who is going to make is to the shelves first? Will it be DC online or Champions?

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 1:32PM (Unverified) said

Champions Online is slated for an early 2009 release, while DC Universe Online is still "to be announced" with a speculated late 09/early 2010 release.

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 1:57PM Haggs said

Cryptic was working on the exact same "stance" system for Champions. But I think they scrapped it in favor of a more open system.

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 2:27PM Minofan said

An interesting, but slightly ominous system.

I think that it will add a lot to soloing - e.g. players with a support type build can switch to Offense and hold their own - but in my heart of hearts I was hoping DCO and CO would be classless AND roleless.

Once an MMO has Tank & Healer roles available it is pretty much inevitable the devs will design foes which deal such damage that Tanks & Healers must be present to defeat them.
Then you can't go start missions/whatevers till you find a Tank & Healer...
To ensure there are lots of those players are expected to play up to max. level as joyless healbots and meat-shields...

"Healers are arrogant/extortionists/incompetent !" etc.
"Stop attacking Darkseid everyone or Ill lose aggro !" etc.
"Show build plz. Show build or I kick. Lmao you're not running ISPX240 on a E/T? Noob" etc.

Cannot we all just don our spangly spandex pants and ALL have good clean comic-book-violence-dealing fun ?

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 2:37PM Slob Zombie said

There's a great new 3 part video dev walkthrough on GameTrailers:

I think it's really starting to look good.

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 3:30PM Pingles said

Oh, how I yearn for a day when an MMO can be flexible enough where a raiding group doesn't only accept specific class/spec combos!

Perhaps this is it?

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 3:58PM TheJackman said

I do want DC online and do not care about Champions.
Champions got only wannabe superheros they mostly are direct rip offs of the DC/Marvel ones.

Where in DC online you can become the next Batman sidekick or superman flying buddy. Really I can care less about the better systems Champions use! I will buy DC online base on there IP alone!

Posted: Jan 12th 2009 7:18PM wjowski said

I'll take Champions Online. I want to be the hero, not Dr. Light's next rape victim.

Posted: Jan 13th 2009 5:50PM (Unverified) said

Now THAT is an analogy! Ahhh Identity Crisis...

Posted: Jan 13th 2009 10:04AM Idle said

I just wanna look good in spandex for a change.