Posted: Jan 13th 2009 5:14AM halfcaptain said

Damn, Ljg3. You beat me to it. Like I wrote above, I'm not really going to capitalize on T3 anytime soon, and I'm really more interested in how totally outgunned I'll be, and how obsolete my T2 ships are going to end up.

Posted: Jan 17th 2009 8:55AM (Unverified) said

Personally I think T3 is what has been missing all along in Eve.
To create a ship which isn't like all the others.
To get Scotty to pull more out of the shields at expense of engine power.
A corporation that specializes in a certain ship in stead of just another corporation that builds just another identical ship to all the other corporations.

Will it make Eve too complex?
Possibly.
But I love to try everything in Eve and T3 and the wormhole exploration that goes with it will be another fine way to pass my time and make lots of ISK.

Posted: Jan 20th 2009 6:19AM (Unverified) said

Come on, EVE is ABOUT horrendous complexity.

Perhaps people would prefer that it be more like WoW with a few premade class trees that you just walk along?

Face it, the game is already mindblowingly complex. Mind meltingly, mind SHATTERINGLY complex. When I first got into the game, for about the first week I was absolutely entranced by how unbelievably much there was to the game. That feeling hasn't really worn off, though it's starting to.

There are whole subsystems in the game (POS manufacture, exploration, COSMOS, hacking, etc etc) that not only have I never seen, I have no idea how they even work. Most likely I never will, because CCP's rate of creation is faster than my rate of absorption. This means that the universe is effectively infinite: you are moving forward but you can never get to the end because they continually paint new scenery.

There are whole classes of ship that I've never seen. Never seen a titan. I may very well never see one because I am much more interested in squad-level gameplay rather than huge fleet actions.

Horrendous complexity is what drew me to Eve and it's what keeps me coming back. If you don't like complexity, perhaps you should stick with games that are simple enough for you.

Posted: Feb 1st 2009 12:36PM (Unverified) said

Well..
Speaking as a pre- EVE "nOOb"
( i havent signed up yet... as i have spent the last 4 days just reading up several guides on what this game entails... and yes it seems very complex = "vertical learning curve"!!).
But i like Complex, as long as it has a purpose.
It would be nice to see the T3 techs limited in such a way that some of the sidelined "career" players have a bigger impact on their discovery / use etc.. ie: Exploration, Sciencetist skill techs required to discover and utilise the T3 techs, as opposed to the PvP fighter jocks just aquiring them via having loads of ISK.
You could have Corps, hiring Explorers / scientists to to locate and find / activate / construct T3 techs before their competitors do... leading to "corp on corp" or Empire Wide conflicts, if the T3 techs are sutiably powerfull enough, or their "potential" is unlocked via Science / R&D Blue prints etc.
This way, the all powerfull PvP fighter jocks.. would be right down the "pecking order" in importance when it came to exploring / R&D ing the new T3 level modules etc...

Posted: Feb 1st 2009 1:43PM (Unverified) said

That's already how it is.

The t3 components will be found inside of wormholes. It's going to take massive efforts to even get them. Then they will need to be actually produced...