Posted: Jan 9th 2009 1:35PM Idle said

As someone who really enjoys WAR, I can't argue with any of it. The game is good but continued improvement is never a bad thing.

I think the author outlined everything accurately. I'm looking forward to seeing his suggestions come to pass.

Posted: Jan 9th 2009 2:10PM (Unverified) said

I think we're going to see some great things for WAR this year.

For a game that's been out less then 6 months, they've made some great improvments so far, and keep trying to improve things.

Personally, while bugs are a constant in all games, here's my top 3 for Q1 of 09 -

1) A "pass" option for gold bags in forts and keeps.
2) Contribution system... get it gooder.
3) either nerf Destro's disarm AoEs, or give Order more.

Posted: Jan 9th 2009 2:51PM (Unverified) said

I also agree with the OP's list and hope that many, if not all, of these features will be implemented by the time WotLK fans reach burnout and start looking for an alternative to WoW. That was one of the items on the list, increase server population, and a significant immigration from WoW would help WAR reach critical mass.

Posted: Jan 9th 2009 6:58PM wjowski said

Sorry, MMOs don't work that way.

Posted: Jan 9th 2009 4:53PM TheJackman said

Next webcam video:

Mark Jacobs: No wonder this code failed. You ripped it off from some Japanese programmer. Look it even says "Made in Japan".
Poor WAR coder: What do you mean, MR Jacobs? All the best stuff is made in Japan.
Mark Jacobs: Unbelievable.

Posted: Jan 9th 2009 4:56PM TheJackman said

Add to that list complete the content we promise when we where trying to sale the game and add the other city's!

Posted: Jan 9th 2009 10:54PM Nadril said

At this point adding in the other four cities would be a complete waste of time and hurt the game. Not only would it take away development from what NEEDS to be fixed (read: the OP's list) but there is no need to split up the battlefield even more so than it already is.

Really though , the list is dead on with the problems WAR has currently. Of course, for some people, (like me) those problems were deal breakers. The lag and lack of fun ORvR made me leave.

Posted: Jan 9th 2009 6:04PM Kyoji said

Couldn't agree more, especially with the server merges. I'm on a med/med server right now, although i suspect it might be closer to high/med because it seems almost every zone is 3/4 to being capped by destro. But in any case, people are sparse. Even the bigger guilds only have 8-10 people on during the day. Of course that number increases during peak hours, but using WoW as an example, most guilds I've been in have had 20+ people on during the day. Mythic really needs to do something about this to ensure there is always a battle going on, and that no one side has a massive population imbalance over the other.

Posted: Jan 10th 2009 6:14AM Minofan said

As a now-former WAR player I was nodding along with that list, especially the server merge section.

However ; still not seeing any of the stuff that would lure me back personally...

* New item effects & new item VISUALS to introduce at least a modicum of individuality and a spark of interest in loot acquisition.

* Adding some intelligence/variables/flavor to PvE foes - it's only after returning to other MMOs for seasonal fesivities that I appreciate how direly dull it is to face monsters that each have only one-to-zero combat skills.
Nothing to counter, nothing to time, nothing to remedy, nothing to outmaneuver... map after map of foes who apply one (de)buff then do nothing but punch.

* Something - sadly I have no suggestion what exactly - to make the non-DPS careers more fun in PvE.
By T4 it always feels to me like half the careers are their to have fun and win the day, while the others are simply there to enhance the play experience of the fun half.

I don't think the first two are even on WARs radar though, so I won't be holding my breath for it to lure me back in 2009.

Global Chat: Through a monitor, darkly