Posted: Jan 8th 2009 9:15AM (Unverified) said

I was.. it is time to let it go now. I also no longer have any respect for Rich Garriot, Star Long, or ANY of the original Dev Team. I will not be playing their games any longer.

Posted: Jan 8th 2009 9:30AM (Unverified) said

Right, the dev team are the ones that actually make decisions about financing. They are the ones to blame.

Not NCSoft, and not the lack of players. Let's blame the guy that designed the armor.

Anyway, I am playing, and having as good as time as before, but still surprised they don't just throw a cash shop on it and leave open 3 or 4 servers.

Beau

Posted: Jan 8th 2009 11:51AM Tom in VA said

This, more than anything, is what I wish they would do: set up a cash shop and keep TR running for another 6 months or so to see what happens. This game might just *work* if it were offered on a F2P, MT financial basis.

The fundamental problem with TR, imo, was its payment scheme: it was, like so many other wannabe "WoW killers", a fairly good game that was simply overpriced; it was not worth the subscription fee being charged. On an MT/F2P basis, however, this game would have had a fighting chance.

Posted: Jan 8th 2009 9:33AM (Unverified) said

The game's still fun, and we're still taking and holding those bases.

And yeah, the dev people that Neuroman mentions probably didn't know about the closure more than a few hours before everyone else did.

Posted: Jan 8th 2009 12:31PM (Unverified) said

Indeed. And I have it on good word that many of them didn't even know their jobs were over until they read the "letter to subscribers" that NCsoft admins posted to the RGTR.com news feed.

And in response to the question at hand... I continue to play and will continue to until they un-plug the servers.

Unlike other hard-core gamers who race to the "end game", I've been playing since beta and still have to finish all the content, and (as I have enjoyed) to experience the content from the perspective of each classes' unique advantages & disadvantages.

Call me crazy, but I truly enjoy the gameplay mechanics and content (yes, I read the missions), and will continue to do so until the end.

Posted: Jan 9th 2009 10:27AM (Unverified) said

Rich Garriot is a hack... oh let's make a game, than when it's done tell them all fuck that, i rather be a astronaut. than decide again oh wait i still need more money so i can go back to space... oh i know let's make a new game, rob everyone their money, and two months after launch i'm going back to space!

rich garriot is a douchebag

Posted: Jan 8th 2009 11:34AM (Unverified) said

What really pisses me off about this is AFTER they announce their going to shut it down they add in the crap that makes me want to play it! Who is the brainchild at ncsoft that makes these idiotic decisions? The point of view thing was all I needed to want to play, now its in and the game is going to die. It's just ludicrous! But hey, they got new armor dye in first, and thats what was important....

Posted: Jan 8th 2009 11:45AM TheJackman said

Really I do not think it really will shutdown ncsoft make way to much for it is one of that actions where they want more people in the game.

After someone is death you can not say bad things about him and look like some way people translate this to this game...??! This game is far from the best mmo and never will be there was some nice last minutes addons to the game but it still lag a lot of endgame if it got any at all...

Posted: Jan 8th 2009 11:50AM Evy said

I can't. It's just too depressing, knowing it's going to disappear soon.

Posted: Jan 8th 2009 12:28PM ultimateq said

Been playing it. Been Loving it. I got a spy to 50. Though there isn't much left to do at 50 except run around earth or one of the other 4 level 50 dungeons.

Posted: Jan 8th 2009 3:00PM (Unverified) said

I played TR at launch and loved it. However, the missions got a bit thin at around level 30 so I moved on to other games, but had no complaints about it other than that.

Now that they've added quite a few improvements I'm headed back in. It is kinda sad that they are going to be shutting down though.

Posted: Jan 8th 2009 3:59PM nevin said

Playing and lovin' it! Holding forts is a blast or even getting them back once you've lost them.

I think more time would have seen this come good in the end. Never a wow killer but holding it's own.

I still think NCSoft should think about a Sony style Station Pass and plonk TR in there.

Posted: Jan 8th 2009 5:32PM Kalu said

Yep i DL'ed it last night will be jumping in this weekend to see it 1 last time before its closed.

Cya in game!

Posted: Jan 8th 2009 5:44PM Psychotic Storm said

well still playing it and it really shines now.

pity for all the designers that have their work cancelled without any alternatives considered.

Posted: Jan 9th 2009 7:00AM (Unverified) said